first legal walleye of the fall!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
We went out all day yesterday and had a pretty ruff day loosing fish after fish. Between tthe 3 of us we lost about 7 fish and I was the only one lucky enough to land one. I had 2 muskie on, one broke my line and the other just had my bait in his mout and no hook. When I reeled it all the way in all I had was a head of my chub. I did manage to land the only walleye of the day. It was 29 inches long with a 17 in girth and it weighed 9lbs. She was a fat one! Heres a couple pictures.

Attachments

• phpDQrtVaAM[1].jpg
    phpDQrtVaAM[1].jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 246
  • phpCLAUxsAM[1].jpg
    phpCLAUxsAM[1].jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 370
Wow, That sure is a nice eye'! Way to go! That sure would make for some tasty eatin's! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys! I bet it will be tasty but I gave it to my buddie because his mother and grandmother loves walleye and I wasnt feeling real well and wasnt in the mood to felet up a fish. He said he got enough felets off of it for the 3 of them to have a good dinner. It went to a good cause. They are great people.

Hey - I just noticed there is no beer can in your photo - Are you fishing without beer???????
Now Dave you should know better than that, My beer was sitting next to my other rod. I needed both hands to hold the fish!

mtnman said:
Hey - I just noticed there is no beer can in your photo - Are you fishing without beer???????
Now Dave you should know better than that, My beer was sitting next to my other rod. I needed both hands to hold the fish!

Wheeeh! I was worried #-o

Nice walleye mtnman. Those walleye you catch up that way are always superfat, and long. Can't wait to start seeing those ski reports.