Fishin' with my daughter.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
This weekend, I fished a tournament with my youngest daughter and we had an AMAZING time! Out of 13 boats, we came in 8th, which is better than our last tourney when we came in LAST. I have learned that she does NOT like getting up at 4 AM to go fish, but she didn't complain at all. She did however take several naps during the day and I fished while she slept. It would have been nice to have a full time partner helping land some fish, but I'd do it exactly the same again in a heartbeat. She actually caught fish this time too. She didn't land a keeper, but that didn't matter at all to her. Her first fish this weekend was a bluegill that made her day! I purposely set her up with a beetle spin knowing that she could still catch a bass, but her odd would increase a lot with crappie and other pan fish too. I also taught her how to use my spinning rods and she did great. It was an amazing weekend! Here's a quick pictorial.

Attachments

• AndiMT3.jpg
    AndiMT3.jpg
    739.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Andi_MT1.jpg
    Andi_MT1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 297
  • Andi MT 14inLM.jpg
    Andi MT 14inLM.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 297
  • Drum.jpg
    Drum.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
  • JigFish_1.jpg
    JigFish_1.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Dad 2+lb.jpg
    Dad 2+lb.jpg
    925.5 KB · Views: 297
  • Dad LM1.jpg
    Dad LM1.jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 297
  • rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 297
Nice day on the water.
Keep her fishing while you can.

Great report fender! Congrats to your daughter on her first 2011 fish too!

Quick question.... What's the trick to hooking and landing a rock? There has to be an award for that!!! :LOL2:

Good Job Chris. Looks like you had a fairly good day. That big one looks to go around 3-4lb?

Brine,it's ALL in the hookset when it comes to landing those HAWG rocks. Here is a shot of one I landed on the Meramec River a couple of years ago. This one was between 5-10lbs.
PB140485.JPG

Thanks guys....I was totally surprised when I did land the rock. Wish I had a better picture of it, but I didn't take that picture and it was out of focus. Seriously though....That lure has two treble hooks on it and each one was buried in the same crack. I needed the pliers to get it off. What are the odds of that happening again? We did have a great weekend though. Can't wait to do it again!

I was going to say, "It's all in the wrist action and how you hold your rod"...but that might be misinterpreted and unappropriate....so I won't say it.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Congrats to you and your daughter =D> , is that a gold nugget in that first picture?

shamoo said:
Congrats to you and your daughter =D> , is that a gold nugget in that first picture?

Thanks Mr Moo.....

Gold? I think you might be right! Dang...I was so disappointed that it wasn't a fish that I tossed it back without even thinking. I NEED TO GO FIND THAT AGAIN!

Hey Chris congrats to you both. It is so great to see kids outside doing activites rather than stuck in front of a TV. =D>

Latest posts