Follow up ?: What style of tackle box do YOU prefer & why?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodStone

Reaction score
The newer big Bag style, the older plastic multi-tray style that unfolds when you open it, or the plastic style box with the 3-4 various removable Plano 360 style trays & separate spinner bait box? Just curious. Just might give me some inspiration to come up with my own unique configuration. :-k Thanks in advance

I've used this one for about 7 years now.

bolsa370.jpg

It holds 5 plano boxes, with plenty of zipper storage. I like it because I can use the should strap and have my two hands free for carrying something else.

I got a huge bag made by berkley on sale at BPS last summer. I can;t find it online anywhere, but I love it! Has a built in light for night fishing, side cooler, bait binder, and a rain cover. If I ever find them again, I'll buy a back up for sure.

I used to carry the Okachobee Fats bag from walmart..It held like 8 3700's. Plus had pockets everywhere. Once I got it full of tackle it was way to heavy to carry. I have since downsized to a new Plano soft sided tackle bag that only holds 4 3700's but I don't use them. I buy smaller boxes and seperate my stuff out. I will try to take pics and post here in a little while. It is working out the best. I also carry a seperate box just for spinnerbaits/buzzbaits. It is just a BPS spinnerbait box. I tried a Browning spinnerbait binder and didn't like it.

I use a back pack that is converted into a tackle bag - especially when NOT boat fishing. On the little boat - a few Tupperware type plastic boxes. One with soft plastics and one with other stuff plus a small plano tackle bag for assorted tackle (not lures) pliers, leader etc.

On the big boat - it has built in tackle storage :mrgreen:

Here is the one I used to carry, I use it now as kind of a "warehouse"..I keep all my extras in it then I refill my current smaller one when I need to.
100_0480.jpg

This is the one I carry now and how it is set up.
100_0481.jpg

100_0482.jpg

I like the soft bags. I carry a BPS Qualiefier 370 like the red one above, only mine camoflauged. It holds 6 trays and It is VERY durable! I lke them because they are easy to carry on your shoulder and seem to fold a alot of stuff!

I like the soft bags too, but I still use my Dad's old tackle box. You can see it in the bottom right corner. Feel like I got a piece of him with me when I go fishing.

Attachments

• Pictures 019.jpg
    Pictures 019.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 2,480
Truckmechanic said:
Here is the one I used to carry, I use it now as kind of a "warehouse"..I keep all my extras in it then I refill my current smaller one when I need to.

Interesting that no one really goes with hard plastc boxes/cases anymore. Are the bags really THAT much better?
Here are the ones I am currently contemplating buying (the Plano sells at WallyWorld for roughly $43.00).

https://www.cabelas.com/p-0017448015656a.shtml OR..
https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/...ct&cmCat=Related_IPL_016529&id=0030339119818a

"Interesting that no one really goes with hard plastc boxes/cases anymore. Are the bags really THAT much better?"
I still use he old plano style hardcase open chest style. It opens up and there it all is. Since I minimumly fish five lures it fits my needsjust fine. On a sperate note, my fishing partner has a bad habbit of leaveing it unlatched. Nothing is more disturbing then grabbing the handle to pick it up and you dump it it out inside itslef. :twisted: I've just about got him broke from that habbit.

Im a fan of the Tackle Bags. I can stuff my gear and most anything at all inside and be set for the day!!

Ive got a bag w/ 5 box's in it. I need a big'r one, got 2 spinner box's with no where's to fit. usually leave um on the boat and kick myself in the butt when im fishing on somebody elses boat and realize i forgot to bring um

I have had a lot of trouble with all my tackle getting ruined. Don't forget I fish saltwater. For some reason or another my tackle would get wet, ruining eveything I had. I also may be on 2-3 different boats each weekend so I need to have everything with me. I saw these Bass Pro boat bags on sale one time and they have solved all of my problems. It is waterproof/resistant. I added 5 utility boxes and still have room for my rain gear, gps, camera, TP (you never know), and just about anything you would want to carry including lunch and snacks.

Attachments

• 2008_0101bagtackle0041.JPG
    2008_0101bagtackle0041.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,443
  • 2008_0101bagtackle0039.JPG
    2008_0101bagtackle0039.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,443
Troutman3000 said:
I still use my Dad's old tackle box. You can see it in the bottom right corner. Feel like I got a piece of him with me when I go fishing.

I also use my dad's old hard plastic tackle box, reminds me of good times fishing with him. Plus, it holds all of my stringers, pliers, bobbers, etc...

Brine said:
I've used this one for about 7 years now.

bolsa370.jpg

It holds 5 plano boxes, with plenty of zipper storage. I like it because I can use the should strap and have my two hands free for carrying something else.

gotta agree that this bag is great

Our Walmart did a refit of the fishing dept last year, and for whatever reason, they have stopped carrying all of the bigger soft-side tackle bags. They mainly carry the hard plastic type now, and just a few really small soft bags.

Specknreds said:
...I saw these Bass Pro boat bags on sale one time and they have solved all of my problems. It is waterproof/resistant. I added 5 utility boxes and still have room for my rain gear, gps, camera, TP (you never know), and just about anything you would want to carry including lunch and snacks.

I have the small-size version of that bag (BPS Boat Bag - yellow in color, w/o the top bungee cords), and I use it to store an additional pfd and extra plastic baits at the moment. They're built pretty sturdy!

Good thread. I just can't seem to break the habit of the old classic multi-tray tackle box, but I do like how organized
the tackle bags are, and your tackle won't fall out the compartments if tipped over.

Latest posts