Fuel Tank Relocation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. I'd love to hear your thoughts on performance pre and post tank relocation. This is the first thread that I have seen

I've been toying with the same idea for some years with my older model 1756 dlx. Now that G3 is selling the new 1756 with a mid-ship fuel tank it makes me think that it would be a good idea. I'd love to see any more photos that you might have. What do you plan on doing with the space that moving the fuel tank opened up?

Any tips or advice you learned along the way would be much appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

baluna said:
Looks great. I'd love to hear your thoughts on performance pre and post tank relocation. This is the first thread that I have seen

I've been toying with the same idea for some years with my older model 1756 dlx. Now that G3 is selling the new 1756 with a mid-ship fuel tank it makes me think that it would be a good idea. I'd love to see any more photos that you might have. What do you plan on doing with the space that moving the fuel tank opened up?

Any tips or advice you learned along the way would be much appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I put a 3" angle across the back of where the old tank lived so it made another storage area for live vests or whatever. Lined this space with 1/4" rubber flooring. I can't wait to take the boat out again and she how she runs with this mod. This winter cannot end soon enough. Ill try to post some more pics.

CedarRiverScooter said:
Great looking professional grade installation!

Where did you get the filler neck bezel?

Appreciate it. I just moved the OEM filler neck bezel from the back to the front. Its a Perko I think. I had to have a buddy fabricate the stanchion that the bezel mounts to and rivets to the deck. With this setup it keeps the filler port above the sides of the boat. He made it out of 3/16 inch stock so its pretty bulletproof.

Thanks for the info. I only asked because i made my own sloped fuel filler neck mount out of plywood & fiberglass, probably have 3 hours into it. It is a USCG regulation that fuel not run into the boat if you overfill (good rule).

Great Job! =D>

I didn't read all the replies but if it hasn't been mentioned, wouldn't you need a "blower" in that compartment for the fumes?

No blower is required unless an engine is in the same compartment.

However, a fresh air vent would be a good idea.