Funnies

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years back at our local launch ramp, a fellow was having a tough time getting his boat off the trailer. I offered my help thinking he forgot the transom straps. He assured me they were off so after much backing down and slamming on the brakes while his wife and I pulled, yanked for all we were worth, it finally came off with all kinds of nasty sounds....I noticed the bunk boards were kinda chewed up in a couple spots. After a short conversation with the owner about his recent remodel on his interior, I realized he screwed thru the hull into his bunk boards on the trailer !!!
The best part of this story happened a few weeks later.....he showed up at the ramp again, proudly telling me he fixed his boat....he did, I guess.....he cut off the excess screw length and covered them over with some sort of filler covering the holes, he was here to see if it leaked !!

A few years back at our local launch ramp, a fellow was having a tough time getting his boat off the trailer. I offered my help thinking he forgot the transom straps. He assured me they were off so after much backing down and slamming on the brakes while his wife and I pulled, yanked for all we were worth, it finally came off with all kinds of nasty sounds....I noticed the bunk boards were kinda chewed up in a couple spots. After a short conversation with the owner about his recent remodel on his interior, I realized he screwed thru the hull into his bunk boards on the trailer !!!
The best part of this story happened a few weeks later.....he showed up at the ramp again, proudly telling me he fixed his boat....he did, I guess.....he cut off the excess screw length and covered them over with some sort of filler covering the holes, he was here to see if it leaked !!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I don’t get it.
Might be a regional thing. Cows sleep on their feet, and if you are quiet enough, you can sneak up on them in the pasture, give them a football-style running body block, and tip them over. Some country kids think it's a funny pastime. Sure, they can get right up, but......would you want to get woke up like that?

The tractor-tipping scene from "Cars" comes to mind.

Roger

Latest posts