G3 1756w Refurb into Duck boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chrispbrown27 said:
Consider doing something down the side.... Kills two birds with one stone you get a livewell and storage plus a bench for when you are duck hunting. My g3 16 pulls double duty as a fishing and duck boat too. I have just about decided I am going to build a livewell/baitwell with some storage space out of fiberglassed wood.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

This is a good idea if you want the extra storage!! I too use my boat for fishing and duck hunting, but prefer an open floor plan. I'd love to have a gun locker or something similar but just can't justify loosing the floor space for fishing.

Do you guys think if Take out this styrofoam under my back bench that I would lose buoyancy? I'm thinking that may be the place to put it.

tyler0421 said:
Appreciate it. I'm actually going to have to make it with a pump to pump fresh water in and old water out. Thats part of the problem. I may have my buddy cut a hole in the back seat and put one in there. The only problem is I already have so much weight in the back.

This may be a terrible idea as no one responded to it when I posted it in another thread, but one thing I have considered it putting in a thru-hull livewell pump at the transom connected to a coiled washdown hose. Use it to fill your cooler each trip. Then have a built in recirculating pump in the cooler that goes to a 12V adapter. Regarding having no pump out feature...just pull the plug on your cooler and let it drain out into the floor and through your boats transom drain hole. Just an idea. It's what I am leaning towards doing in the Alumacraft I plan on buying here soon.

Latest posts