Grizzly 1448 Jet options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Trackers are built like tanks. From what I could tell they are using a thick layer of foam between the hull and sides. Perhaps the foam adds some structural value but, I think this is also one reason why they are so heavy. Floatation is important but, it seems like they went overboard if they are using it only for flotation.

Jeff, do you have any idea what your 60/45 2 stroke weighs?
The foam Tracker uses in their boats will hold water like a sponge, just took out some foam in 1448 with a friend (his boat) and we had about 100 pounds of water in the foam, just squeezed it out like a sponge, not what I call a real attribute to being built like a tank, many of their hulls are .100 gauge if that so not sure what type of tank your referring to but it ain't a Tracker, lol

The foam Tracker uses in their boats will hold water like a sponge, just took out some foam in 1448 with a friend (his boat) and we had about 100 pounds of water in the foam, just squeezed it out like a sponge, not what I call a real attribute to being built like a tank, many of their hulls are .100 gauge if that so not sure what type of tank your referring to but it ain't a Tracker, lol
My sons G1448 was too new to worry about the foam being saturated. I did worry about how to go about it, when needed. Everything was welded so disassembling was going to be “fun”.

I would be interested in how you went about it. Maybe this was an older one with riveted panels?

Latest posts