Guide On Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BottomDweller

Reaction score
I decided to do a trailer guide-on project. I believe I got the idea to use a ladder stabilizer from a posting from "Waterwings" and "BYOB Fishing." I purchased a ladder stabilizer, 2" PVC, PVC caps, some eye bolts, and U-bolts. I cut the stabilizer and PVC in half, drilled some holes, fitted the PVC and stabilizer together and bolted them down to the trailer. Here's what I have.

Attachments

• Guide On Project 002.jpg
    Guide On Project 002.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 4,040
Connected each PVC/stabilizer half combination to pre-drilled holes in trailer.

Attachments

• Guide On Project 007.jpg
    Guide On Project 007.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 4,022
Trailer Guide-on picture..... I also added a U-bolt on each side for reinforcement.

Attachments

• Guide On Project 009.jpg
    Guide On Project 009.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 4,022
This is exactly what I did for my boat - found it on the net somewhere. Ladder stabilizer, some galvanized hardware, and you have guideons. They work great.

Bought a set of 60" guide ons like that in the bargain cave at cabelas for $29.99. Hardware and all. Cut the pvc down to 40" and put them on. Right place at the right time though.

Those look great. I love mine, After getting them on, I can't imagine loading the boat without them...

Matt

Excellent! That might come in handy at a particular ramp I have in mind with a strong side current. Very nice work and thanks for taking the time to post up your steps.

Loggerhead Mike said:
do you mind if i copy your design? =D>
I was thinking the same thing...What size PVC did you use to go over the stabalizer? how did you fasten the stabilizer to the PVC?

Be my guest with copying the design. I actually got the idea from a couple other members. I used 2 inch PVC. The PVC fits really snug to the stabilizer, so I have not added an extra bolt to attach the PVC to the stabilizer but plan to add a bolt or maybe even a cable tie. When I do this I'll post another pic.

Latest posts