Have you purchased a brand-new aluminum boat this year?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got a "new to me boat" that was never put in the water before new.
I'll clear that up a little, I was looking for a new creek boat, when I ran across an ad on Craigslist. Guy had bought a brand new 2011, G-3, 1436, with the livewell, brand new trailer to go with it. After buying it he bought it to the local Rhino-Liner place, and had the whole interior sprayed. After doing all that he couldn't afford a motor to put on it, ran ito a little hard luck, and put it up for sale, he never had a chance to get it wet. I looked at it, didn't even haggle over his asking price. I had an older 15hp to put on it, did a little floor and deck job on it. Now I'm waiting for the fishing to kick in so I can get it wet.

So basically I got a new, second hand boat.

Yep 1752 Alweld
2013-02-22_17-34-00_633_zps9fc0c0f8.jpg

2013-02-22_17-29-13_405_zps392fd93b.jpg

2013-02-22_17-28-42_600_zps1dfa6290.jpg

I'm currently researching for a new aluminum boat myself, hence my membership on this site (I've already learned a lot). I've been using the https://www.aluminumboatguide.com as a reference when comparing. I'm thinking about a Lowe boat, my dad had one he ran for years. Any other tips?

This is Crestliners new line for this year.I'm looking at the 1450V all welded.
They had them at the sport show & can get one for about $4000,boat only.

https://www.crestliner.com/sportsman-sport-utility-boat/

Just got this one last Monday. 2072, been busy making a windshield, straightening up the motor from where it was mounted crooked at the dealer, installing rod holder bases I made, fabing grab rail, drive on poles and installing and fixing to make dry storage/rear seating.

Aluminum will be in tomorrow for front fuel tank I am building and to finish up rear seating/storage. After that it will be electronics and a few other small things and on to the water.

boat001_zpsc2fbc0de.jpg

boat002_zpsebc6e44a.jpg

boat003_zps12aeb77f.jpg

New to me SeaArk 1872 - See build in my sig line. New 115 Etec and a boat load of options. Paint and linex are in the works.

Just got a G3 1652SC w Yamaha F40. Itching to take it out for the maiden voyage when I return from my business trip. Would like to post a photo but cant figure out how w this app.

JR

Latest posts