Herloom 14' Arkansas Traveler Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man the boat looks great! I actually have a 1948 model. It has been sitting at my folks for a long time now. I am actually picking it up this next couple of weeks to bring it to my garage to finish the project lol. How fast are you able to run your boat with your motor? How does it plane?

Thank you! All of the decking I put in it added a considerable amount of weight, but it is all low in the hull. Even with just me in the boat it still comes on plane quickly and runs very true. I haven't checked my speed with a GPS, but if I were a betting man, I'd say my 60yr old 10hp 'rude putts me along at maybe 10-12 mph...maybe 15 with a brisk tail wind. I would definitely like to have a bigger motor, but for the time being, the motor runs (most of the time) and the boat floats (when I remember to close the plug :) ) so what more can I ask of it?

Beautiful boat! Need to get mine started again. Its been sitting for the past 3 years. :LOL2: I have everything for it Just got to get to work so I wont be stuck on the bank this spring. I even got a newer trolling motor for it. My uncle decided to upgrade to a Fortrex 36v so I bought his old 82lb hand controlled motorguide & gator mount for $100. Also got a gently used lowrance x125 along with the cover, power cables & transducer for free. And again beautiful boat glad to see another Arkansas Traveler back on the water.