Homemade Jack Plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,thats an awesome job!! May i ask where you got the angles?? Hardware store,welding shop??? Thank you

I got the angle from Rick50 (tinboats member). He has a welding shop on the side and he had it laying around leftover from a job. I found some the other day at a local scrap yard that wasn't bad priced. You might be better off buying a premade jack plate if you have to buy the angle new$$$$. You can find set back brackets for under $100. If you find the angle and have any questions, let me know.

how are you moving that motor up and down. i don't see any means of a manual or electric
lift

i thought there are outboard brackets that move the motor back and then jack plates that move it back and has the ability to move up and down.
did i miss something in the post?

looks good either way

joe

jspano said:
how are you moving that motor up and down. i don't see any means of a manual or electric
lift

i thought there are outboard brackets that move the motor back and then jack plates that move it back and has the ability to move up and down.
did i miss something in the post?

looks good either way

joe

I cut slots to slide the motor up and down. There isn't any mechanical means to adjust it like you are referring too. I just loosen the bolts and pick the motor up. Once adjusted, I haven't found the need to move it any further.

ok i see that!
down here they like the ability to move the motor at will to get to that real skinny water

hey i'm restoring a 21 ft starcraft center console. it's alittle bigger but still a tinny

thanks
joe
spring hill,fl.