Hopefully my last electrical question(s)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno409

Reaction score
I believe I have everything I need to put my Mirrocraft together. My last question is, should I have a switch connected to the battery that is going to power everything but my trolling motor? I have everything running into a fused switch panel and grounded into a bus. Would anyone recommend a wiring a switch that would kill power to the panel in case something happened, or should I put a circuit breaker, similar to what is on my trolling motor?

Crap. One last question. My trolling motor came with 10awg wire. Should I run that size into the anderson connectors? I've seen where others recommend 8.

Thanks as always!

Depending how long the run for your trolling motor is I would go at least 8 gauge but here is something to think about...
At some point you may choose to upgrade your trolling motor and then you would need to upgrade the wire to 6 (standard gauge on bassboats) so you may want to check the price difference and if it is doable go that way.
A master power switch isn't a bad thing to have..

Hey thanks redbug,
Good idea about running the 6 guage, as I'm sure I'll want a new toy someday!