Hydrofoil

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a lot of topics like this have been hashed over many times use the search feature to find your answers

Sport Marine are s'posed to be pretty good. I have one, but not using it now. The reason I got it could only be rectified with more power, guess they are not magical. :x

If bored -you can

A. Try to bring up a very early post (Jim loves this) or,

B. Say something true (but nasty) about BassAddict or even,

C. Just make fun of Redbug

D ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Getting back to the question at hand, I have tried various ones, on both small and large outboards. I've always got the best performance from Attwood's Hydrafoil. Smooth holeshot, and when you've got it trimmed correctly, half of it is out of the water. Plus the fact that it's side mounted, you won't crack your knee on it, when you walk around the back of the boat. I think they look better, too.
Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Best Wishes to all

I have a stingray on my 25hp Merc and it's awesome. Not only does it get the boat on plane in half the time, it makes it amazingly stable when the boat is under power.

Tried one. Attwood I think it was. Yamaha 4 stroke 25 on a Grumman 1542.

It did what it was advertised. But it really slowed it down. Like 3-4 mph, felt like I was pulling an anchor. I took it back off. The bow came up a little higher before getting on plane but that is the only thing I noticed. And I got 3-4 mph back. Yes motor was mounted too low, but I couldn't raise it anymore without a jack plate.

Edit: I forgot-I had a 15' bass boat, forgot the brand, but it had a 90 hp Mariner on it. It came with the hydrofoil on it, so I ran it a while like that. It did well. Then I took it off. No difference at ALL. It didn't sky the bow. It didn't make it any less stable. No speed differences. I honestly could not tell that it was on or off, so I left it off.

Latest posts