Jon Boat tower?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracker129

Reaction score
Has anyone put or built a tower in a jon boat? Ive seen one pic of one on google images and i think it looks pretty cool, anyone got any input/ideas/opinions?

Attachments

• p1323813098023997.jpg
    p1323813098023997.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,961
I imagine if it's a narrow boat it would be pretty tippy. If you've got a nice wide boat it's likely fine provided your sea legs are still good.

Thats what i was thinking, but ive got a 16' jon boat thats 5 feet wide so I think it would be alright... and my sea legs are still good! 8)

Question is, would you still have to get the 42" transom :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

haha, no i dont plan on putting a jack plate on it (im assuming thats what hes got on that boat..) if i put anything on the transom itll be a cmc tilt/trim bracket. I like the tower idea because i fish mostly fresh water but i do occasionally fish the flats and it would be nice to have then. Plus i think it would just make my boat stand out because how many people put towers on jon boats ? :D

Tracker129 said:
Has anyone put or built a tower in a jon boat? Ive seen one pic of one on google images and i think it looks pretty cool, anyone got any input/ideas/opinions?

Yep, I've seen two similar ones at the boat ramp here in Hudson. One was decked in and one
open like the one shown. I have a 20' Lowe with a full decked/full console that is nearly as high
and visibility is very good. While a bit tippy at 52" bottom and 72" at top, you can slow that down by spreading out the weight and keeping the heavy stuff low. Batteries up front, and fuel tank in the center (under the leaning post).
Here is a pic of my build and you are welcome to come over and take a look, we are neighbors.
Jerry
DSC00319.jpg