Landau 1470

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrdrh99 said:
Never thought it would take this long! Finally finished bolting the transom back in with ss bolts and copious amounts of 5200. Decided it was time for a water check. Took her down to the local river. No leaks! Deck is nice and sturdy. Trolling motor performed wonderful, I only set it on 1 of 5 and that was more than enough. Nice to know I have plenty of power for more current and/wind. Only problem was outboard was overheating. Only a drip instead of a stream, so that needs to be looked into. Other than that it's time to mount electronics, put a floor in and decide if I'm going to use a grip paint or carpet. And decide about hatch in deck!

Too bad about the motor. Hopefully the overheat didn't damage anything.
I'm sure you would have been be pleased with the performance if it were serviced right. Good luck.

Nice, simple setup. Looks good. Did you use that Rustoleum Deck Restore paint on the aluminum on the bench? Did it stick good, seem to be holding up well? I see that stuff in the store and think, that'd be a nice easy way to cover a boat floor...and I've got a boat I'm getting ready to put the floor back in :mrgreen:

Matt24 said:
Nice, simple setup. Looks good. Did you use that Rustoleum Deck Restore paint on the aluminum on the bench? Did it stick good, seem to be holding up well? I see that stuff in the store and think, that'd be a nice easy way to cover a boat floor...and I've got a boat I'm getting ready to put the floor back in :mrgreen:
Thanks!
I used the Olympic version... Same stuff... Not as gritty, the restore will be too tough on feet and knees! I did use it on the aluminum but like an idiot I didn't check the weather and it poured on less than 30 min after. I'm about to start working on the back decks and floor then I'm going to re coat it all

I'll be interested to hear how the deck restore stuff does, going on and staying on the aluminum. Seem like a simple solution to a common problem.

I'll let everyone know progress.... I was really just going to rattle can the aluminum and use the rescue on the front and back wood decks and the floor boards.