Little Texas Modifications

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brine said:
If you haven't done so yet, make sure there are no leaks before adding any type of bedliner to the floor. I used something similar, and yes.... it does help with sound deadening. Good luck with the rest of your build.

Thanks Brine for the info. I already made sure that my boat doesnt leak around any rivets or anything just cant wait to start up again.

So yesterday me and the wifey decided to go and paint the bottom and the trim of the boat with the black paint. It looks amazing!!!! :LOL2: I cannot wait to put up pics of this thing so yall can see what I am talking about.

OK finally I can show you the pictures of my progress. I think it turned out better than I expected. I LOVE IT!!!!

The first two pics are of the boat painted with the black on the bottom

The last two pics is the trailer painted black with the blue on the hubs.

Attachments

• IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    930.3 KB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,172
Untitled (2).png

my suggestions...side boxes added to hide side support where benches removed. storage under front deck and 2 back boxes for storage, small bow deck for tm. and floor.....simple but gets the job done. materials cost around 150.00 (ply,hardware,carpet etc...)

I havent been on here in a long time now and I am stuck in a rut. Starting to question how high should i go with the deck? I was thinking all the way up to the curve around the boat or going up to the bottom of the bench seats so that I could still put them in? I am a little nervous becuase it is a V-hull. Then I was only thinking of doing 3/4 of the boat and then do something else in the front? Any input is welcome here.

I like that layout that you have shawnfish. I like the idea of the side boxes for storage and hiding the supports.

And thanks Gators 5220 for the complitment. I have had a tough time becuase of not having time to do any work on it. I want to finish it up before the end of feburary becuase i want to take it out and see how she does.

Nice your right around the corner from me. You do alot of fishing around here? I wanted to try some new places around here but we always go to Bob's Fishing Hole to fish.

pauldanielm said:
Nice your right around the corner from me. You do alot of fishing around here? I wanted to try some new places around here but we always go to Bob's Fishing Hole to fish.

I got a few places to fish maybe we can get together one day a go out.

Sounds like a plan. Right now its way to cold to work on the boat and to make things worse I got sick from being outside this past weekend. Really bad cough and sore throat. Cant wait to get better. I usually never get sick. :sick:

With duck season over I am about to get knee deep in my boat and pull out the old foam get the carpet out of it place the transom wood and decks and paint and non skid the deck push I need to rebuilt my carbs and just do a good tune up on my motor. I will be building a motor stand in the next few days to get my motor off my boat. All hand on deck for lifting it off the boat.

Will do trying to get my father in law let me use some space in his wear house to work and say out of the weather I hate my garage here at the house it just does not have the room I need to work lol

harleydoc said:
Will do trying to get my father in law let me use some space in his wear house to work and say out of the weather I hate my garage here at the house it just does not have the room I need to work lol

I know what you mean. Mine is really small too!! And I have to put my boat project on hold becuase my wife wanted me to buid a dog side table for our puppies. She is evil :twisted: I will post pics of it so that yall can see it have it almost finished then back to working on boat. thank god. [-o< [-o< [-o<

Unless it's an old boat it has foam in the sets to act as floatation . I believe all noncomecial boats have to have floatation per U.S Coastguard . I would use 3M 5200 adhesive when attaching the flooring as well as Aluminum rivets when possible. The 3m will keep everything from rattling and also help the flooring from just relying on the screws or rivets. I used aluminum when i did my boat flooring 15 years ago . Last week was the first time I've taken it out and the 3m was still holding strong , but some of the rivets had given up . It took me all of an hour to take it all out , add sheets of foam , reaply the 3m and rivet it back down.

Here are the photos of the doggie side table that I made. It only took me a month and half because of work and such. :-({|= The worst part of this whole project was drilling pocket holes for the whole thing, but finally finished!!! Now on to my boat. Cleaned it up on the inside this past weekend and used some cardboard to see how I might like my design. I really like Bigwave's design so going to copy his design. (sorry Bigwave) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    973.4 KB · Views: 821
  • IMG_0390.JPG
    IMG_0390.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 821
  • IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2758.JPG
    IMG_2758.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2686.JPG
    IMG_2686.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2629.JPG
    IMG_2629.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 821
Really nice work but why don't I see any pocket hole screws in your deck framing?

Maybe you are putting your priorities in the wrong place?

Thanks Bigwave!!

Hahahahahah at nlester. Your telling me! My priorities are in the wrong place. At least now I can get back to my boat.!!!

Latest posts