Little Texas Modifications

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so i think i may start over with the painting :shock: :shock: or can i paint over what is there already. I like the colors they just dont show up like i want them to. (i am very picky so my wife tells me :roll: ) and i think if i get roll on paint that it will help it as well as a coat of poly. Or do you guys think if i just spray it one more time really good and then put poly on it do you think that it will have the metallic blue in it? Dont know what to do!!!! #-o let me know what you guys think?

I think it looks fine.....my boat looks the same....although its not a factory look, the paint job will do for me. IMO you can only get a mediocre look out of a rattle can job. I plan on using a spray gun on my next mod with good paint. I feel this is the only way to get the factory finish. My mod is a complete learning experience......I have made many mistakes, but who cares....the most important thing now is getting the boat in use. I made the mistake of putting on too much primer. I think I will throw a few more cans on the outside and call it done. Our boats will have character with all the flaws........JMO.

Ok after talking myself out of repainting the whole thing i decided to paint the bottom and go on from here. After seeing her with the bottom painted I love the paint job. I think I was just being a retard about it. Now after that I will be starting my decking this week since I cant do anything with her because of the tags expiring on it and the trailer. Next year I will be ordering them a month in advanced to keep this from happening again but it gives me time to work on her and get her the way i want it.

Ok I am finally done with my paint job now. Here are the pics to prove it. I was wondering if you could use Polyurethane to protect the paint and would it be safe to use in fresh and salt water? Things are really going to start moving now because I let the tags on the boat and trailer expire ](*,) so nothing better to do but to get some things done for them.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 768
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 768
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 768
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 768
This weekend I worked a little bit on the trailer replacing the bow rollers and the bunks with new carpet. Finished painting the trailer as well. I didnt see anything wrong with the wood that was there so I put a coat of protectant on it and put new carpet on it. It was a pain doing that but it needed to be done.

If the weather holds out this weekend like it is suppossed to I am going to start the decking of the boat at a friends house that has the right tools that I need in order to cut the wood. I really hope it does. I want to be done with it by the end of this month so I can take it out this May and during the summer time.

Running into snags I guess is a thing for me. 1. the weather has been off and on 2. it has been chilly and windy 3. i have not had time to even go out to see my boat for the past couple of weeks. But tomorrow I am taking her out and going fishing. need to relax this weekend with some fishing!!! Heading out to the Elizabeth River to go fish!! Never been out there but have heard good things about it. Wish me luck.

Good luck with the fishing. I am looking forward to getting mine completed so I can get back in the water too. I just have to finish the floor and rebuild the carb on my Johnny 15hp :roll: .

Taking the boat out was a blast this weekend and fun but ran into some problems, Only caught 1 fish and the paint on the boat started to come off!!! I couldnt believe all the hard work that I did on it and it only lasted one trip. Oh well looks like I will just use the bedliner can on the bottom now and be done with it. Post pics of it after we pulled it out of the water later today or tomorrow when the weather clears up.

Seems to be a ton of Mirrocraft folks on here the more I search, keep up the good work!

Latest posts