Looks like I need a new prop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vapiper

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/104148091

**** thing just spins on its own shaft....

Are props of this size pretty universal or should I regret my boat purchase lol

Engine is a US marine/force/Chrysler VWB-52122

Thanks!

Looking forward to a nice day where I don't need to use my oars....lol

Other than that the engine runs like a top now...

Looks like a spun prop. If the prop its self is in good condition take it to a prop shop and have it repaired.

Ahh didn't know they could repair this....good to know! Not that I'm against buying new....I guess it comes down to cost

Hit up a west marine and he had no clue so going to hit a prop shop in town tomorrow and go from there....prefer to just buy a new prop, something aftermarket should work? I wouldn't think props would be so proprietary but more universal but I guess not......

An outboard service shop or prop shop will be able to help you out. Replacing a hub is a very common issue, usually pretty cheap too.

If you really want to buy a new prop, it's not necessary, but a second prop is great to have as a backup.

Natedog57 said:
An outboard service shop or prop shop will be able to help you out. Replacing a hub is a very common issue, usually pretty cheap too.

If you really want to buy a new prop, it's not necessary, but a second prop is great to have as a backup.

Will find out tomorrow....looked at new props online around what should fit/work and the price isn't bad....as long as the repair isn't anywhere close to buying new....just a tiny prop.... But buying new would allow me to get a different pitch which is something I think needs done as well

looks like I'll get a new prop in a day or two!!!

Hopefully my next venture out will be the one where I don't need to row back LOL

Yep..and whoever is repairing your prop can reset the pitch at the same time, if necessary. The clerks at boating stores often know less than the buying public.

Got the new prop...apparently slim options for this motor.... Merc makes a plastic prop only lol so went with it and will test it out Sunday...final thing that's on the "need to do list" is re-rivet the oarlocks on the boat as a couple rivets have popped.....

Latest posts