Modding my SEARS 1972 12ft Aluminum V-Hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife likes the grey paint job so much, that she told me to forget about putting in the wooden floor....I am going with the floor after I try it out on the lake. If it's not too heavy...I'm keeping the floor. What do you guys think?? #-o

Update216.jpg

Update27.jpg

Update212.jpg

I'm hoping it works with this floor [-o<

That paintjob looks great. Did you spray or roller that on? I'd still put a floor in, a nice gray carpeting would look great. Loving this project. Getting ready to do a similar one on a 16' V. Keep up the great work.

Believe it or not....I purchased 2" foam rollers from the Dollar Store (economical), and also paint brushes from the same place....the paint I purchased on line from Home Depot (Marine Glossy Battleship Grey, 2 Quarts for $29 bucks.

This is the FIRST COAT of Marine Glossy White...tomorrow it's going to rain so I'll give it the second coat in two days !

whitepaint13.jpg

whitepaint11.jpg

whitepaint111.jpg

Well it's a sad day.....after all the work building a removeable floor, I have decided to use the KISS theory (keep it simple stupid). That being said...I am not going to install a floor for weight and balancing purposes because it's only a 12 ft boat. When I upgrade to a bigger boat then I will build a floor (no doubt). Anyway.....here are the results to what I have decided to do with my boat. =D>

BoatSeats13.jpg

BoatSeats8.jpg

BoatSeats7.jpg

I know a couple of you boaters was looking forward to seeing my boat with a removable floor installed, but I feel the way I have it now I can take my friends fishing and not sink due to over weight capacity.

BoatSeats1.jpg

BoatSeats5.jpg

BoatSeats3.jpg

The boat looks great....good work. You could still try it with just floor boards in, no decks, I'd protect the paint before putting the floor in, but it'd be worth a try. Either way, great restore....looks excellent, especially since you did it in your parking lot.

Hey Basser...that's not a bad idea....I will seriously take that into consideration....but first I want to take the boat out to the lake as is.

Just noticed the anchor pulley, where did you pick that up? Looking for something similar.

Sweet...thanks guys. Do you just leave the anchor hanging outside the boat once it's on there?

Latest posts