need help have i lot of ideas?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlredneck

Reaction score
i have i allot of ideas but not sure if is possible cuz look at all of projects on here and no one has done a boat like mine. does anyone have any help. i wanting to put a front deck and live well in middle seat along with storage box or just take it out. mine is a 14' montgomery ward with a 15 hp montgomery ward.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0332.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0332.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,729
  • thumbnail_IMG_0333.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0333.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,729
Look at the conversions page and someone did a 14ft v bottom by taking the bench out and placing in a floor. Otherwise,I have the exact same boat and just finished a deck across the front and middle bench. A live well could have been done in my boat very easily if I placed it between the benches.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

there are as lot of boats like yours that have been converted, including mine.

take a look at my build (in my signature) I did not put a livewell in it but it may give you other ideas

fire away with any questions you have

just be careful how much weight you add!!

Before removing a bench, I would advise taking a close look at your hull to make sure that the cross ribs in that section are adequate and in good condition, and that the bench is not providing significant structural support.

well i have taken the plunge in my first boat project did all the planning i could now it is just time to do it

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0350.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0350.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,479
I like the plan your going with. Not sure what you have in mind for decking material but I would suggest aluminum and also make sure you tie into the gunnels. This will make for a stronger hull for sure. Check my build out if your looking for some ideas. It almost done. Good luck!

It's poor mans bass boat/MV NCS Sierra 1648

well had to put the bench seat back in the hull was flimsy and had to change my plans.
here is the front deck and the start of my live well.
i know i shouldn't have used particle board and i may have to replace in a few years but i gotta use what i can afford.
i plan on urethane it with at least four coats to try to protect it.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0351.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0351.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,399
made it out of suv tool box my friend had laying around

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0353.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0353.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,407
the hull would not have been flimsy if you tied it together with the side storage compartments like we talked about

that live well is going to be heavy when its full of water

are you sure you want that?

i still on doing that but my budget at this wouldn't allow plus the miss's wanted to get back to fishing.
i only plan to fill that live at the most half way

plus i plan on putting it in the middle of the boat.
and i am gonna try to put a rod box on top of the front bench and middle bench

made a little progress this morning. got two coat of polyurethane so far.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0356.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0356.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,337
still have to carpet and finish the side of my live well and hopefully make a rod box

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0357.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0357.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 360
just about done few more things to do but got lights working, solar charger for those longs on the water. the console is for light switches, pump switches, solar panel and future fish finder

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0369.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0369.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 324
  • thumbnail_IMG_0370.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0370.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 324
  • thumbnail_IMG_0371.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0371.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 324

Latest posts