New Build - 1971 Lonestar Big Fisherman 14ft V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just returned from a trip to Florida, so I haven't been able to get much progress made on the boat. However, I did finally get my fuel tank in as well as all of the line and hookups. After cleaning the carb and replacing the spark plugs, fuel lines, and water pump I was able to add fuel and try the motor. I tried and tried until I thought my shoulder was going to kill me, but the motor just wouldn't even try to start. I verified that it was getting fuel and then spent some time trying to verify that I was getting a spark. I started to worry that the coils/powerpack may need replacing, but then noticed that I lacked a tight connection between the fuel line and tank which allowed a little air into the line. I made some modifications and got the connections to seat a little tighter which gave me the fuel pressure that I needed. I gave the pull rope a few more yanks and was about to give up when she finally cranked. In my excited stupor I forgot to adjust the choke or idle adjustment and let her die, but once I did she started on the very next pull. I'm happy to report that after nearly 10 years of sitting in a barn the old Johnny purrs like a kitty. I let her run for a bit and everything appears to be running smooth. Good news!

Now if I can get some weather this week I'll get her out on the water for a test drive.

Almost forgot... I also managed to get the transducer mounted using the cutting board mounting plate. (Thanks tinboats!)

Attachments

• Boat 32 - Transducer.JPG
    Boat 32 - Transducer.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 480
  • Boat 31 - Transducer Mount.JPG
    Boat 31 - Transducer Mount.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 480
Managed to get the fuel tank in the boat yesterday as well as reassemble the rear deck. The 6 gal. tank wouldn't work under the rear deck like I had planned, unfortunately. I could make the tank fit, but it left me unable to get to the plug or my batteries. Also put a kink in the fuel line when trying to route it back to the motor. Oh well, I'm going to fish it a few times as is and see if I can live with the tank being out in the floor.

Attachments

• Boat 33 - Motor Running.JPG
    Boat 33 - Motor Running.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Boat 35 - Gas Tank Mounted 2.JPG
    Boat 35 - Gas Tank Mounted 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Boat 34 - Gas Tank Mounted.JPG
    Boat 34 - Gas Tank Mounted.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 476
Worked a bit yesterday and managed to cut and install some rubber mat, which will hopefully soak up some noise. Also, I re-positioned the fuel tank and like the new spot a lot better. I still wish I could have it under the rear deck. This tank swells bad just sitting in the garage. I can't imagine how bad it will swell in the sun.

Attachments

• Boat 38 - Tank Repositioned.JPG
    Boat 38 - Tank Repositioned.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 471
  • Boat 37 - Floor Mats.JPG
    Boat 37 - Floor Mats.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 471
  • Boat 36 - Rods Secured.JPG
    Boat 36 - Rods Secured.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 471

Latest posts