New here! need some experienced opinions.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy281

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post here. I'm currently using a 1974 12' bluefin v-hull with a yamaha 9.9. I am thinking about buying a tracker 1542 lw and i have a few questions. Though I do plan on getting a bigger motor eventually, right now I am going to keep the 9.9. Will the 9.9 get the tracker on plane? Also, I live on a tidal estuary, so sometimes when the tide is low I have to push the bluefin through some mud to get to the water, is the tracker to big to do that with or would it be easier because it is flat bottomed? Thanks for all your help.

Welcome to Tin Boats, I'm new myself and to answer part of your question. The 9.9 motor will put your new boat on plane.

I have a Tracker 1542 with a Merc 9.9 4 stroke with myself and my fishing partner about 500 lbs. and all of our fishing gear the boat will plane. If you can tip the engine up you can go into very shallow water, I don't know how easy it would be to push it through mud as I have never tried. I like my boat and engine and have never thought that I needed more power. Good luck, I think you will be surprised at how well it all works.

Thanks a lot, thats reassuring. I originally got the bluefin bc it was cheap, small, and i thought that most of the time i would be fishing by myself, but now it seems as though i have somebody with me everytime i go out. So I wanna get something a little more two person friendly while still being small enough to move around.

Latest posts