New Ride

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some work done today carpeted the front decks more work to be done tomorrow

100_1132.jpg

100_1131.jpg

If you haven't painted yet you really should go through and buck all the rivets, or at the very least the ones that had Bondo on them (I don't know why anyone would use pink bondo on a car much less a boat because it absorbs water) The reason they bondo'ed them is because they leaked, the reason they leaked is because the rivets were loose.

The correct way to fix a leaky rivet is to rebuck it and if that doesn't work replace it or use some 3M 5200. If you epoxy or bondo or even use Steelflex over a loose rivet sooner or later it going to pop it out or crack it. Myself if I strip a boat down I rebuck every rivet on the boat. I have the same boat as you and I put in the front deck aluminum framework then I rebucked all the rivets. It sucked up the sides of the boat in front enough that I had a 3/8" upward bow in the center channel. After I put the aluminum sheet back on and walked around on it a bit it popped the other way and now I have a 1/4" - 3/8" dip in the deck. It's not really all that noticable, probably even less so after carpeting and it will eventually settle back in but it just gives everyone an idea what rebucking the rivets can do to tighten up an old boat.

It will be fish-able by lathem and I will be there. I coated the bottom of the boat in Herculiner hopefully it will work if not I will rebuck all of the rivets and use steel flex we will see. Got to get it back on the trailer today put the front deck in and start on the mid and back decks.

got the beast back on the trailer. the front decks installed and motor mounted.
The first two pics show the patch panels I made when I cut the center bench out.
100_1138.jpg

100_1137.jpg

100_1136.jpg

100_1134.jpg

100_1133.jpg

The herculiner worked great no leaks what so ever. Now I just need to finish the mid and rear decks and battery boxes.

thanks for the tip on PT wood. it will save many boats. i was given a 16' v-hall gregor with a 35hp motor with custom trailer. the motors to big? any suggestions on size of motor would be better? might troll a little, but mostly (lunker chunken) (stump humpen) (bass catchen')
(stick flicking)(hunting for old mo(old mo was a huge carp under a street bridge. it broke my line twenty time or more trying to catch it. i was seven years old. I never caught it, but it still lives in my head)). i plan to put a deck in front maybe a little sleeping area under it, so i can sleep on the water and get up and fish.
koda

Got more work done today the live well is plumbed. Got started on the wiring for the lights, live well pump, etc. The center deck is cut and soaking in Thompson water seal to get carpet later this weak.

100_1189.jpg

100_1188.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1186.jpg

100_1185.jpg

100_1184.jpg

the carpet on the mid deck is one made my switch panel tonight
going to paint the panel after I figure out what color the inside if the boat is going to be.

100_1192.jpg

100_1191.jpg

right now a either barrow a pump or a gallon jug. when I get the boat done there will be a though hull pump for that

I might have an extra fill pump - right now I really don't remember if I do or not, but I'll look around and see if I can find it. I'll put it in the truck and give it to you Saturday night.

Do you need any hose? I've got a ton of that expensive stuff I used left over - along with some thru-hull fittings from Flow Rite

russ010 said:
I might have an extra fill pump - right now I really don't remember if I do or not, but I'll look around and see if I can find it. I'll put it in the truck and give it to you Saturday night.

Do you need any hose? I've got a ton of that expensive stuff I used left over - along with some thru-hull fittings from Flow Rite

I've seen the 500gph Atwood on clearance at more than one Walmart for $10-$12 lately (BPS sells it for $29.99).

I need hose! :mrgreen:

not alot to report got the front and rear battery/storage compartments built just a little bit more framing then seal the wood. Next week I will get the plywood and carpet done.Then a that will be left is paint and wiring.

Did you get that front seat fixed so that you don't fall back into the middle of the boat again?? :twisted:

Cya Saturday

Can you explain your bus bar to me? I'm in need for on on my boat, I went to home depot and saw the terminal bus bar you show in the pictures, and didn't think it would work. But by snaking the wire from terminal to terminal is this turning that into a ganged bus bar? That is brilliant! Can you tell me anything I need to know when making one so I don't screw it up? Is it possible to make one for Neg and one for Pos? How will you keep water from hitting it? Thanks for any info!

Latest posts