Ordered my new trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrackerTom

Reaction score
Well I had 5 trolling motors and I sold them all. Some were on my last boat that I sold naked and 1 was on my Grizzly when I bought it. I still had a hard time ordering my new one this evening but it's on the way. I ordered a Minn Kota Riptide ST, 80 lb, 24 Volt. I'm not sure I'll ever take the boat in saltwater, but the Riptide gives me the option and it comes with the copilot remote instead of the foot pedal. I ordered it without autopilot because I would rather have the new iPilot when it comes out in November that is gps based. By the time I end up with the structure scan for my HDS unit and the iPilot for the Riptide, I will have zero excuses for not catching fish. I really wanted to be able so sit in the back of the boat and control the motor rather then adding a second finder to the bow. Most of my fishing is striper fishing or crappie fishing and sitting in the back for either of those suits me. That iPilot really looks like it would be the bomb for trolling for crappie. I usually have a circle I like to troll in and being able to set the loop and tell the boat to run it by itself while I tend the rods especially since I take the fish off for my wife too so sometimes it gets busy.

That iPilot does look great for crappie trolling. Would be nice for striper too, but I doubt one would get too much battery life pulling umbrella rigs at 3 mph. When just running planer boards and freelines across a point, or down a shoreline, I can certainly see the iPilot being very useful. Only thing to worry about would be getting too used to letting the boat control itself, and running into an anchored boat or something. Whatcha wanna bet the next one will be GPS and radar controlled? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts