Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jasper60103 said:
oh yea, I have an '81. Same motor.
This is my first season with it. So far, so good.

Thanks,
jasper

Yeah, it runs louder than my 9.9 Yammy but definitely moves me around well.

Hey folks, first time posting but been lurking for a year or so.

Just brought this one home last night. :D
It's a 1436, 1981 Lowe. My current plan for her is to just build a small platform up at the bow w/ a pedestal seat & trolling motor. I know its prob. too narrow of a boat to have much of a deck, but I'd at least like to have somewhere to store life jackets. I plan on leaving the seats where they are as a suspect they are needed to hold the sides up ;)
The motor that came with it is old 9.5 hp Johnson that seems to run OK, but I also have a 1984 mint condition 25 hp. mercury I'd like to try on it. The boat is only rated for a 20 hp, so we'll see how that works.

boat.jpg

Here she is. I just got a chance to take her out today.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 1,144
Greetings, just joined this site. I wish I had known about this place when I was redoing my boat. "93 aluma-weld(xpress) bought used and very abused. stripped, sandblasted, welded, welded again, welded again, refurbished, and now getting abused again. Here is a few pics:
before.
P4230007Small.jpg

P4230004Small.jpg

Stripped.
P9200020Small.jpg

Gotta get it clean somehow.
P4090029Small.jpg

Work in progress. Fuel tank goes here.
P7240003Small.jpg

Much better.
P9300029Small.jpg

P9300035Small.jpg

P9140002Small.jpg

On the water with prop.
P8200020Small.jpg

Jet installed by JRJ.
PA130012Small.jpg

The reward.
P6260023Small.jpg

'93 aluma-weld
'90 johnyrude 60/40 w-OBjet
johnson 55lb troller
above waterline coated with tuff coat marine
below waterline coated with coat-it epoxy

Tight lines, Squatch

Wow Squatch!

You must be a certified electiricain with all that!

Looks great.

Nice boat,like the stick steer.
Do you have plastic or them slippery bunk boards?

Ok, it's a new work in prgress but here a before shot.
IMG00230.jpg

After shot.
300px-USS_Texas_BB-35.jpg

Seriously, I intend on busting out alot of work in next couple of weeks. Will update then.

Brine, nope not a sparky. I'm in telecom.
Zum, I have poly covered bunks. 4 full length under the boat and 1 on each side. I love them but you have to leave the boat hooked up until it's in the water so it doesn't unload on the ramp! Some times I have to hold the boat on the trailer while I unhook the strap if the ramp is steep. The combo of graphite in the epoxy bottom coating and the poly bunks make it pretty slick especially when wet.

What a great site, lots of excellent info.I just joined, so I thought I would put up a few pics of the beast that I picked up last year.My muskie and walleye rig,I would like to get some downrigggers and try for some trout and salmon.This thing handles like a dream 8) I hope this uploading works.

light12.jpg

light15.jpg

light14.jpg

light13.jpg

light19.jpg

light20.jpg

Relic said:
Thanks Jim, I figured I did something wrong with the upload. John

Not a problem. You just had to link them because they are hosted somewhere else. If they were sitting on your computer then you would have to upload them to this site.