Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my baby. Bought it this past summer, used it a bit, and now tucked away for the winter.
photo 1.JPG

badewolf said:
Hello, new here. I've been around canoes and kayaks since i was a kid. Just now gettting into "big" boats. Love aluminum boats. Just picked up my first two aluminum jon boats.

In november I picked up this 1985 Landau Cherokee 10' V-hull and trailer off craigslist $400
Also picked up a bunch of motors for $750
1960 2 hp johnson
1967 Evinrude 6 hp fisherman
3 hp 90's sears gamefisher
5 hp early 80's merc
1964 5.5 Johnson Seahorse

December: Got the 6 hp evinrude running took it out twice and something blew up its leaking out brown sludge out the foot. X.x But I got my Landau out on the water for the first time. Much faster than a kayak.
https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/badewolf/boats/photo.jpg
Reallly need new floors and casting deck, all the wood is rotten as you can see.
https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/badewolf/boats/photo2.jpg
The stuff leaking from the motor:
https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/badewolf/boats/photo6.jpg

My kayak collection and custom trailer, just incase anyone here does yak fishing.
https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/badewolf/boats/photo5.jpg
https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/badewolf/boats/photo4.jpg
https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg235/badewolf/boats/photo3.jpg

Yesterday I picked up a 10' 2003 Lowe flat bottom jon for $360 off craigslist with a 5 hp mariner (pics soon)

Gonna make a few work/build threads, I like all the ideas I've seen here, I just browsed through all 90 pages on this thread lol

also i have no idea how to post pics X.x
The stuff leaking from your lower unit looks like water and oil mixed up. Check for line behind the prop. Either way it seem you have water in your oil.

Rat said:
Here is my new girl. I bought her early last year and we have had some good times already! Several hunts and many fishing trips with many more of both in the future!
She is a 1984 Empire Boat Works 17 foot hull with a 1984 150 HP, V6, Evinrude. She started life as a Game Warden boat and I bought her from the second owner. She is all Aluminum and built heavy, which is good for me. She runs 57 MPH by GPS and will beat you to death! More importantly though, my wife LOVES the new boat!
I have some mods planned but nothing real involved anytime soon, just going to enjoy NOT working on a boat for awhile! :mrgreen:

IMG_1059.JPG

20130203_101552.jpg
Ahhh yes. The new Granger ranger beer barge.

Can't wait to play with her.....[emoji1]

Here's one I am just about done with

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,608
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,608
Hey guys- new to the forum and looking forward to coming here for advise and also to give it if ever needed. I owned a 23' Angler Walkaround with a 200 Black Max- honestly my wife and I just couldn't afford to use it as much as we would have liked- considering it only got around 1.5MPG at cruising.
Decided to sell the boat and do a big size downgrade- found this small 12' Blue Fin deep Vhull and fell in love. The boat has a 2006 Yamaha 25 tiller. Wife, myself, and the dog all really enjoy the "tin" boat lifestyle- much less worries and SO much easier to maintain and handle alone.

My name's Zac and I'm in SWFL if anyone else is and enjoys fishing Charlotte Harbor area- PM me

Attachments

• bluefin.jpg
    bluefin.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,550
  • weezy1.jpg
    weezy1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,550
  • bf.jpg
    bf.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,550
  • bf3.jpg
    bf3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,550
huntinfool said:
Rat said:
Here is my new girl. I bought her early last year and we have had some good times already! Several hunts and many fishing trips with many more of both in the future!
She is a 1984 Empire Boat Works 17 foot hull with a 1984 150 HP, V6, Evinrude. She started life as a Game Warden boat and I bought her from the second owner. She is all Aluminum and built heavy, which is good for me. She runs 57 MPH by GPS and will beat you to death! More importantly though, my wife LOVES the new boat!
I have some mods planned but nothing real involved anytime soon, just going to enjoy NOT working on a boat for awhile! :mrgreen:

IMG_1059.JPG

20130203_101552.jpg
Ahhh yes. The new Granger ranger beer barge.

that boat is badass!!

Just picked this up last week for dirt cheap because of a large hole that required patching.

1977 Fisher Marine Water Strider with a 1985 35hp Merc, will be set up for bowfishing with an elevated front deck, 7-150w HPS lights all being pushed by a 2000w Yamaha genny!

Just picked this up last week. seaark 2072 115B/80
I have to get my troll and graph and a few rod holders and it will be ready to fish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,516
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,516
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,516
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,516
I've been absent for a while. I'm back but tin boat less at the moment. I moved and could only have my Bass Cat or my aluminum rig. Kept the Cat but will be getting another tin rig after my garage is redone. Sold my Alweld to my brother.
My only ride for now:
2014 Bass Cat Pantera II/Mercury Pro XS 200.
IMG_2324 by texas_bred83, on Flickr
IMG_2431 by texas_bred83, on Flickr

I'll get another tin rig soon though, probably another alweld but mod V

I installed my new cover on the fishing boat and I plugged in the float charger.. I verified the plug was set up correctly and then my neighbor wanted to see all the lights and stuff I added between Christmas and New Years..

Front LED and Nav lights
front.jpg

Interior LEDs
inside%20lights.jpg

Motor
motor.jpg

Trolling motor/battery/control panel/rear LED
back.jpg

Outside LEDs
side.jpg

Trailer LEDs for night loading
trailer%20led.jpg

And the new cover..
cover.jpg

New to the site, but thought this would be a good place to start. 13ft Valco, just needs a new motor.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,508
Here is the evolution of my "Tin" jet boat passion, it's been a great experience from the very beginning up you my most recent custom build.

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,484
Here's my old junk. 1432. narrow and shallow. No clue on brand. There are absolutely no identifying marks, names, numbers, nothing. And the trailer is partly homemade.

IMG_20140914_195434_079_zpsayff6ctb.jpg

Motor. Mariner eight.
IMG_20140914_161057_053_zpsdtufe7u9.jpg

IMG_20150227_162547_378_zpsizqmscup.jpg

IMG_20150227_162650_163_zpsai3gtd0z.jpg

IMG_20150227_165957_852_zpstcx9ism5.jpg

Blake, I like that Mariner, what year is it? I just dug my 1993 8 hp out of the garage last week. It's been sitting in there for about 15 years. I have to get it going by the Spring, it'll turn when you pull the rope so hopefully it wont be too much work. It's a great motor, used it as a kicker for trolling Lake Michigan.

Latest posts