Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first day we found her tucked away in an old barn... 2009 G3 1966

Attachments

• frontrightw.jpg
    frontrightw.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 3,376
  • rear4w.jpg
    rear4w.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 3,376
Finally got around to taking a few pics of the catfishing machine. It is a Weldbilt 1648 Semi-Vee powered by a 1994 Evinrude 25 HP, and pulled by a Nissan Frontier. I love the website, thanks for all the good input.
NissanFrontierWeldbilt.jpg

Weldbilt1.jpg

Weldbilt4.jpg

Weldbilt3.jpg

Weldbilt2.jpg

FuseSwitchBoxEagle.jpg

FuseSwitchBox.jpg

Homemadepoleholders.jpg

I don't have all the accessories shown but here is my new friend :) .

Now the fun begins. (the motor is an 18HP Johnson OB).

Not bad for $600

https://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy321/crankbait09/

I hope these are ok since I just recently got my first metal boat and I haven't fixed it up yet.

Here are some pictures of our Kayak Pontoon cantraption...lol

A little background. My father and grandfather has been going to this chain of lakes since the 50 or 60'sIts 7 lakes linked where you can run a powerboat to any of them. Then there are countless remote lakes off those lakes if you portage. They fished a lake we call Bass lake about 8 miles or so from where you put in in the main lakes. Thats a long paddle...so we hatched a plan to get over there and fish and camp and explore. Obviously a big boat isn't an option for this. Kayaks fit the bill. But still its a long way...So we decided to try hooking them together and try a motor. It was a trolling motor the first year and then refined into this...it worked prettymuch perfect... Then we disconnect and drag them through the woods for a mile. And then camp and fish. Oh and we caught alot of fish.

P9050233.jpg

P9040212.jpg

P9030193.jpg

Cool concept connecting the two yaks together. How hard is it to portage with that piece of plywood? I might have gone with several long narrow boards to connect them, but that's just me, Monday morning quarterbacking, without having any experience with that.

We actually only portage the Kayaks. The motor and board we stash out of sight of the trail (the green paint helps) By the lake its 8.5 miles or more to the place we cross to the other lake. Anything with a motor over there has been carried over on foot or in the winter by snowmobile. Its a bit out of the way to say the least. In fact on the main lakes you usually only see one or two boats in a day. In the remote lakes....it could be weeks before you'll see anyone.

We used to go up and occasionaly fish the remote lakes but we never had a boat on it and you had to leave your boat tied up to the shore on the main lake...weather turns quick and your boat can be beat up pretty bad at times. Plus on foot we were limited by the area we could fish on the remote lake. The best ares being on the other side of the lake. So we hatched a plan to take Kayaks over and fish...Then came the plan to hook them together. The first year it was a 2x4 and straps. The deck keeps some water off of us as the Kayaks tent to funnel it in and up. (something we found out with the first version) This one worked out well other than a tweek or two its perfect. Any we had fun doing it. Saves alot of paddling especialy when the wind is in your face.

We were going to fly an American flag on it because we just know anyone that sees us will think we are the "Crazy Americans" :LOL2:

Here is my boat I fixed up last year.
1988 1648 Alumaweld 90/65 Yamaha
photobucket-1347-1325809591113.jpg

And here is my new project boat for this year:
1993 Weldcraft 1748 125/80 Mercury
photobucket-7461-1327271458160.jpg

photobucket-9774-1325433482601.jpg

1977 14' MonArk 1448 shallow-v ...
20120205124241.jpg
1976 12' Smokercraft (rebranded by Montgomery Ward as Sea King) deep-v ...
12 before.jpg
will get bigger picture...

Got Them For Basically Nothing...Not The Best But They Float! [-o<

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNDAuanBn.jpg

My boat without the seats/posts in it. Took everything out as we were putting out fish attractors this day and wanted as much room as possible. With me and a buddy, 350# of people, it got 26.6 mph on the gps. So I figure with rods/tackle it will probably get 25 or so!

Jeff

Thx for welcome. Yes, I would like to put in new seats. This is my first boat. Im just looking for ideas to make it better.