Progress Pictures 1448 G3

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanielrthomas

Reaction score
Just got the deck extented and the transom cut to fit a short shaft motor. Finally got a few pics. Gonna do something with the back deck, just hadnt figured it out yet. Im gonna put the new 25hp on it and see what kinda room Im working with. The boat is completely stripped right now as you can see in the pics. Ill get some more pics of the deck, floor and carpet installation next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 3,348
  • IMG_0344.JPG
    IMG_0344.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 3,348
  • IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 3,348
  • IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 3,348
This is what I started with. Since then Ive added, new Tempress seats, Lowrance x96, Minn Kota Edge 55# FCTM, Nucli-eye Blacklight system, and a Bass Pro Shops on-board battery charger. The decks will be replaced with 1/2" marine plywood. I got a buddy that is doing all the framing and welding work on the decks. Hes pretty good as you can see from the welding in the other pics. I could have done it myself with wood framing, but I wanted aluminum. And Im not about to tackle a project like that being that I have never welded before. He cut the transom as well. Oh and I replaced the nissan 9.9 with a 2006 yamaha 25hp 2 stroke.

Attachments

• 270.jpg
    270.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 3,333
  • 273.jpg
    273.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 3,333
  • 277.jpg
    277.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 3,333
I got the marine ply and carpet in today. I just covered the back bench like it was until I figure out how I want the back deck. I know I wanna raise it up where its parallel with the front deck, and extend it back over the battery and gas tank with some kind of latch system. Just gonna use it like this before I figure it out. It turned out pretty well. The front deck is over 6' long now. Im a fat boy, so I need all the room I can get.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 3,202
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 3,202
  • IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,202
I put things back together over the weekend. It all turned out pretty well. There was one flaw in the carpet that is bugging me, and I didnt cut the hole big enough in the front of the deck to tuck my wires, but no big deal. Easy fix. I did get the boat out yesterday, and although I got skunked, the boat did good. I seemed like It rode a bit smoother since the additions. Maybe its because everything is closed off now. I dont know, but it performed really well. Top speed is 33mph.

And be honest, could I have fooled you guys into thinking that my Yamaha is a 9.9? My sticker guy does a good job, the motor is actually a 25hp.

Attachments

• boat1photo.jpg
    boat1photo.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 3,042
  • boat2photo.jpg
    boat2photo.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 3,042
  • boat3photo.jpg
    boat3photo.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 3,042
  • boat4photo.jpg
    boat4photo.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 3,042
  • boatmotorphoto.jpg
    boatmotorphoto.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 3,042
man that carpet looks plush..I could sleep on the front deck and feel like i was in bed...nice work man

dyeguy1212 said:
nice, clean job
cavman138 said:
carpet looks incredible
huntinfool said:
Looks good. I have carpeted so many boats and hated every one. This one looks very nice.
Loggerhead Mike said:
very very nice work
2007NNBS said:
man that carpet looks plush..I could sleep on the front deck and feel like i was in bed...nice work man

Thanks guys, Ive learned alot from all of you. Im gonna get some better pics of the finished(for this year at least) boat this week sometime. I greatly appreciate all the advice everyone has given me over the past year.

Nice job on the rig,that is what i would like to do to mine.I see you carpeted the sides of the boat as well as the floor,what did you use on the sides?I'm thinking plywood on the sides or aluminum and then carpeted over it.If wood what thickness did you use?

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Looks good! How do you like those Nucli-Eye black lights? I'm going to install the Atom blacklights on my boat...haven't bought them yet.
I actually went with the Moonlite blacklight system to cut some cost. I love it, works great. I got the ones with the phone jack versus the lighter jack. It makes for a cleaner installation and less cords, plugs, etc.

anchors away said:
Nice job on the rig,that is what i would like to do to mine.I see you carpeted the sides of the boat as well as the floor,what did you use on the sides?I'm thinking plywood on the sides or aluminum and then carpeted over it.If wood what thickness did you use?
Thanks. I used 1/2 inch marine grade plywood throughout. I have a friend in the business and I get it for $65 for a 4x8 sheet. The only thing aluminum is the framing. It turned out very sturdy.

When you said you did 33mph and then I saw the pic of the "9.9" I was thinking NO WAY. Then I read your little joke. It looks very convincing. I didn't even notice that it was bigger in acual visual size than a REAL 9.9 I think you will be fine. Just don't go 33mph on a 10hp restricted lake!

The boat looks great. One question though. Why didn't you just install a mini jackplate and mount it low on the transom rather than cutting and modding your transom the way you did?

Very nice! I really like the way this turned out, nice clean and simple!
You totally had me fooled with the outboard, I saw you clocked the boat going 33mph and you had me thinking that 9.9 Johnson was really underachieving! Haha

Latest posts