Putting line on an openface reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
I dont use an openface that much and was going to start. I need to put new line on my team daiwa and wanted to know what is the proper way of spooling this reel without line twist.

a friend told me to come off the top of the line spool, crank 100 times, flip the line spool over, crank 100 more times, flip the line spool over again, do this until the reel spool is filled up but not all the way to the top of the spool. He says this will eliminate line twist.

Any thoughts would be great..

I have the tackle shop down the road from me put my line on.Than I go home, put a snap swivel on, hook to a fence post,& pull off a hundred or so feet & wind it back up. Never had any line twists.

What I've always done is not to worry about how the line goes on the reel. I just wind it up and then before I go to use it I put on a snap swivel, flip the bail open, and let it trail out behind the boat while at idle speed. Once it's played out I wind it back in and it seems to be free of line twist.

Deadmeat said:
What I've always done is not to worry about how the line goes on the reel. I just wind it up and then before I go to use it I put on a snap swivel, flip the bail open, and let it trail out behind the boat while at idle speed. Once it's played out I wind it back in and it seems to be free of line twist.

I do this too but without the swivel. =D>

Latest posts