Removing seat from aluminum jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern Appal

Reaction score
I hope you folks can help me out. I have a 1968 Polar Kraft 12 ft jon. PO had installed two boat seats. One had been removed when I got the boat. Looks as though it was simply ripped up from the back bench seat, leaving holes only the size of the bolts. I want to remove the other seat. I cannot see a simple way to do this. I can get a crescent wrench under the seat and turn the bolt heads, but the seat is not coming loose. There must be a bolt under the aluminum bench. Short of removing the bench to get to the nut, is there a way to remove the seat or loosen the nut and bolt? PO had not removed the benches to install the seats. How could he have done that?

Could that be a rusted toggle bolt(butterfly)? If you can get a little room between the seat and the bench, or the seat and the bolt head, maybe you could cut the bolt with a hachsaw blade. Or grind the head of the bolt off with a side grinder or dremel tool? Or am I picturing entirely different? OH, OH, OH, a picture!!! That would help. :)

Latest posts