Small project...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSkimps

Reaction score
Our new boat had a rotted spot, so I figured in for a nickel in for a dime. The plan is to make the storage hole a little smaller so i can add some extra stability. I also plan on laying a piece of 3/8" treated plywood down over the floor we have pulled up. Then we will recarpet and silicone anything that needs it. I have to be careful not to raise the floor up at all where the passenger console goes. The motor is a Johnson 115 and it came with a working trolling motor....I just need to get the batteries and wiring right. I plan to run a new set of LED lights on the trailer seeing as replacing the connector did not work.

If anyone has any suggestions before I lay the new floor it would be appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 379
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 379
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 379
Don't use pressure treated wood on an aluminum boat. The copper in the wood will corrode the aluminum.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Don't use pressure treated wood on an aluminum boat. The copper in the wood will corrode the aluminum.
X2!!!!!!! search the forum, i have pics posted of what it does to aluminum....

Don't know bout y'all but that boat looks to be glass to me

Thank you everyone! It is in fact a glass boat, but I had no idea about using the treated wood on aluminum causing issues. Definitely something to keep in mind for future boats....already planning on getting an aluminum one sometime in the next couple years after seeing some of the boats on here!

Carpet is in...floor is solid. I learned quite a bit. I am pretty satisfied with the carpet, but would do the slat for the bottom a little different the next time. Still may add some trim around it to prevent the carpet from de-threading...we will see how it holds up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 235

Latest posts