Sorry... but I ALSO need help picking out a trolling motor :

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccarver

Reaction score
So I have a 16' aluminum old crestliner (1978) ... with me my wife and gear and misc. I'd say we would total up to 450-500 lbs + boat weight (unknown)

What would be my over all difference between minnkota c2 transform mount 30lbs and 45lbs.

I'd save a good $50-$100 on a 30lbs but would I be "up a creek" (no pun intended [emoji14]) if I only went with a 30lbs?

Thanks in advance :)

I have a 1648 Mod V and run a 55lb. Minn Kota on the transom. It pushes the boat about 3 mph. I wouldn't want anything smaller. Just my $.02.

Attachments

• 053113.jpg
    053113.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 801
I had a 1236 with a 30# TM. It wasn't the prime mover so I didn't care how fast it went. I did care that when it was windy I could keep the boat where I wanted it once I got to my spot. The 1236 was so light and drew so little water it just skated across the surface in the wind. The 30# couldn't cut it and I was very disappointed. I have a 55# in my 1448 and it's good. If you can afford the bigger one maybe it's a good idea to spend a little more now than have to do it over again later.

Good point, I was thinking if it was windy to just use my 25hp on low idle.... but the fuel consumption is something to consider.... I'll play around with the engine this spring see how the boat handles on waves.... I might go bigger

Just my .02, when I bought my Sea King last year, it came with 2 30# motors...older ones. I decided to buy a new motor, and was looking at the same 2. What did I end up getting?

Minn Kota Endura Max 55lb. With shipping and all told from sportsmanswarehouse.com it was $240. They have a deal going on right now that you'll get it for even cheaper....

The trolling motor is $279.99 normal.
sportsmans warehouse is offering $50 off any order over $280.
Minn-Kota is offering a $25 mail in rebate on the Endura Max 50 and 55.

$279.99 - $50 - $25 = $204.99.

If you have a sportsmans warehouse nearby, ship to store is free...if not it's $25 for shipping.

For what it's worth, they have the C2 40 for $174.99 and offer $20 off orders over $150 as well, and a $20 rebate from Minn Kota.

I use mine on an electric only lake, so it's my only method of power and only have 1 battery....I've been out all day and only used about 50% of the battery cruising around. Remember, more power will mean you can run the same speed at a lower setting, saving battery power.

Latest posts