susky river runner 1648 MV Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susky river runner

Reaction score
So I am new to this site. I just want to say Hi to everyone. A lot of awesome pics and ideas on here. I just want to say thank you to all on here that gave me some great ideas. I used all wood on my mod since I do not have any welding skills. [-X I really don't think that it matters tho. If it eventually rots I can always retrace and rebuild. Hopefully I can get some of my pics up on here for you all to see. It is killing me not being on the water yet. I just can't wait to get out there and go fishing.

Welcome, and thanks for joining. This winter really was long and tough. I know what you mean. Being cooped all winter long does get to you. A few more weeks and things will be in full swing.

I fish the southern end of it, right around the MD/PA line. Should be a good striper run here reel soon. I can't wait.

susky river runner said:
I fish the southern end of it, right around the MD/PA line. Should be a good striper run here reel soon. I can't wait.

I will be there this spring again - last year was sucky but still love hitting those flat in teh early AM for some top water action

I got the hatch installed. I had no storage up front so I decided to install this hatch deck cover. Yes I did remove the foam from the front!! I know probably not the best of ideas, but as you all know not much room for storage on the ol' tin's.

Attachments

• front deck str..JPG
    front deck str..JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 2,446
The back of the boat I'm gonna leave open because I use this boat for crabbing also. If I add a deck in the back it is just gonna make it a pain in the butt to pull the traps. I need to be lower in the water.

Attachments

• JB7.JPG
    JB7.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 1,110
I don't think it's turning out to bad, I still have to install the trolling motor up front. I think I'm going to mount it on the side,just because it will provide good legroom, and I will be able to open the hatch all of the way.

Attachments

• JB10.JPG
    JB10.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 1,110
I think it's coming along nicely! What brand of hatch lid is that, and does it feel safe to stand on?

Nice ride man, great size. I've heard the hatch covers like yours can be painted with no problem.

Latest posts