Take this funny quiz

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
It was spot on for me saying I'm in the Boston area. :lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html?_r=1&

Accurate for you?

That was a Hoot! According to this quiz, I should not be living here, but somewhere in the Birmingham , Al. area.
Having been exposed to several dialects from Maine to Florida over the years, I can see the mix it produces in the individual.
Thanks Jim, I'm happily in Florida! Jerry :D

Not extremely accurate. I'm about an hour west of Memphis and it picked Jackson MS, Birmingham, and Chattanooga.

If they aren't IP sniffing (hate to spoil the fun) then it was spot on.

I was convinced it would be wrong since the individual ansers were all over the map.

Even though I have lived in Georgia for several years it placed me in northern Indiana where I spent most of my first 55 years.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337165#p337165 said:
Jonboat Jerry » 26 Dec 2013, 11:35[/url]"]That was a Hoot! According to this quiz, I should not be living here, but somewhere in the Birmingham , Al. area.
Having been exposed to several dialects from Maine to Florida over the years, I can see the mix it produces in the individual.
Thanks Jim, I'm happily in Florida! Jerry :D
Now that is funny. I'm from the Dade City Fl. area and it says I'm from Birmingham also.

It put me right on the money. About 1/2 way between Buffalo and Rochester NY, on the shore on Lake Ontario.

Had me in the south which is where I grew up but haven't lived in a long time...maybe I should go back there...sure would be nice. :)

Pretty much spot on for me. It Picked OKC & I'm in a suburb of it.

I took it the other day and it nailed it to the city, which is by no means a major metropolitan area! LOL. Pretty accurate, of you ask me. I loved seeing all the various ways people can/do pronounce the same words by region and dialect.

I just took it and it had both cities for me, since I lived in another state for a while I have both dialects mixed in.

Latest posts