Thinking about new tracker grizzley mod v

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts about a welded Grizzly tracker new. I live in colorado and I can't find many other options. Price is a factor.

I’ve not owned one but I considered buying one before I got my Lowe all welded mod V. I looked at them closely and I think they’re a pretty good boats. I did find them to be a bit pricey but hey, what’s not these days. Have you looked at https://www.xtremeboats.com They are a sponsor on this sight. The boats are top of the line IMO. Not sure about pricing.

One of my duck hunting friends has a 2011 1860 Center Console that he bought new with a 60 horse Mercury 4 stroke. It is a tank. It's big. It's heavy. It has tons of walkaround space. It rides extremely well on calm water and in waves but will just about beat you to death in a chop. The console has a livewell/seat built into the front and the seat rattles a bit. I see these as small issues though. This isn't a bass boat, so I wouldn't expect it to ride like a caddy. I am by no means trying to steer you away from it. It is a very stable and tough boat. I don't know how fast it runs, but I would guess mid 30's. It jumps on plane quickly even with 3 people and duck hunting gear. He has run it for 2 duck seasons now, and hasn't had any issues at all. Even the paint seems to be very durable.

Big semi V jonboats ride well on rivers and lakes in most weather but 10-15+ winds and big water= chop and will beat up most any wide, flat bottom boats, heavy fiberglass skiffs included. If you slow down in rough water the pounding can be acceptable and putting weight towards the bow helps too. There is a trade off w rough water handling w any wide boat w/o a deep v hull, but for the price the stability, capacity and room not to mention ease of towing the lighter alum. boats was enough to sway me and I'm happy w my 1860 for those reasons. If it's blowing alot it's generally not a great day to be fishing either IMO. If you mostly run rivers, chop will rarely be an issue.

Probably the best boats Tracker has ever built but they are very heavy for what they are.

I have a 1648 Grizzly and it is a great boat, I fish Table Rock Lake, rock shore lines and lots of trees never a problem. Boat is a little heavy but the helps in a wind, ride is dry, a little load and heavy chop will be do able but stressful along with large boat wakes. I run a 25 hp with a Macs prop guard and get 26 mph with two guys and gear. Great choice for a boat, bass pro has come along way with their boats to become a top name in the boating world. Check out my link to my boat.

Where in CO. are you ? Sometimes we can get a great deal on these boats from the BPS world headquarters in Springfield, MO., be a nice trip and can make it a vacation out of it since Branson, MO. is just 45 min south. Let me know what you are looking for and size because I go up there allot :D

We also get alot of these boats on CL in the Springfield MO boats section for good prices.

Latest posts