Tracker guide v-14?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got one slightly used, but I haven't been able to get out in it except briefly when I sea trailed it. I will let you know what I think once I take it thru its paces. Unfortunately, it's underpowered with only a 5hp.

I plan to deck the front so I'm interested in the replies to this thread.

Reelluvin said:
I just got one slightly used, but I haven't been able to get out in it except briefly when I sea trailed it. I will let you know what I think once I take it thru its paces. Unfortunately, it's underpowered with only a 5hp.

I plan to deck the front so I'm interested in the replies to this thread.
Thanks! Under powered is ok. I'm concerned how it handles the waves and current. Right now i have to turn sideways to go over big waves in my bass buster.

Texas Prowler said:
GYPSY400 said:
Not a big fan of the trackers.. Imo there is better boats out there for similar money.
Thank you! Can you name some of the other boats your talking about? Sorry I'm kinda sorta a newb here.

Check out crestliner, Lowe and alumacraft.
Princecraft and lund are good too, but most likely cost more.. There are many others as well that I haven't mentioned.. When I was shopping for a boat I " heard" to stay away from Tracker and G3 ( although that's just one guys opinion)

Have you gone to a Bass Pro and actually checked out the Tracker line of boats? The last time I was there I was appalled at what they were trying to pass off on $20k boats. They are selling hulls that are so thin and poorly assembled you can see the stringers for the floor telegraphing through the aluminum. This is on a new boat sitting in the showroom! Maybe this does not apply to the smaller, single wall boats, but seeing what I have seen, I wouldn't spend my money on a Tracker in a million years.

jethro said:
Have you gone to a Bass Pro and actually checked out the Tracker line of boats? The last time I was there I was appalled at what they were trying to pass off on $20k boats. They are selling hulls that are so thin and poorly assembled you can see the stringers for the floor telegraphing through the aluminum. This is on a new boat sitting in the showroom! Maybe this does not apply to the smaller, single wall boats, but seeing what I have seen, I wouldn't spend my money on a Tracker in a million years.
I've been. I'm a research for a while then buy kinda guy. Hints the reason I'm asking so many questions. Anyone's opinion wither good or bad helps here. That being said... They are that cheaply made huh?

Man i really like the Lund wc14 I was quoted $3,346 for just the boat. That's not too high considering the quality put into the boat. I'll check out the rest of the other brands in a few.

Reelluvin said:
The tracker guide v-14 is a $1700 boat new.
Tax, title, and reg i think it was like 2300 something. I do l like the looks though, but if quality is an issue... I'm looking for something comfortable to cruise in for the ladies and big enough to take three::) guys and their tackle. I'll m more likely end getting a 20hp outboard to power the boat. I'm thinking remote throttle and stick steer, so I can sit up front or in the middle when I'm by myself.

My tracker was a 2001 I got it in 2004. I sold it in 2009. It never leaked the only thing that ever happen was the trim off the top of the transom after I hit a log going full throttle.

I'm looking for something comfortable to cruise in for the ladies and big enough to take three::) guys and their tackle. I'll m more likely end getting a 20hp outboard to power the boat.

You might as well start looking at 16' instead, unless there is a storage issue w/ the extra two feet. Three's a crowd, especially in a 14'.

Ictalurus said:
I'm looking for something comfortable to cruise in for the ladies and big enough to take three::) guys and their tackle. I'll m more likely end getting a 20hp outboard to power the boat.

You might as well start looking at 16' instead, unless there is a storage issue w/ the extra two feet. Three's a crowd, especially in a 14'.

I agree with ^. I was looking at getting a 14' a few years ago, ended up getting a 16'.. Went back to the dealer a few months later ( for oil) and had a look at the 14.. Man did it ever look small!

Latest posts