What are you planning for your boat in 2015

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still trying to find time for a t top and built in cooler.i've been spending all my weekends doing stuff to the truck and camper ,just installed 2 front mount receivers and a new winch .last year we camped/fished every weekend from may to october.the poor boat really needs attention.its filthy,tm wires need replacing,cup holders are all loose,carpet needs cleaning, trailer needs a new 2000lb axle and bigger tires, also needs new led lights.lost both on a 60 mile stretch of washboard forest service road,rods and reels need attention,the list is looong.

Hey all , this will be my first post since joining so here goes. I purchased a 14' 1964 Alumacraft FD6 in the spring of '13. The boat came with a 1972 20 hp mercury 200 w/elec. start, minn kota edge hand controlled bow mount trolling motor, older magic tilt trailer , fuel tanks etc. The boat had never been painted and had a side console installed.The only thing done so far is take everything apart down to bare hull, and clean with Overton's aluminum boat cleaner(which worked great)the boat is in great shape overall. I have also disassembled the trailer, replaced the tongue and front crossmember and removed the paint. My plans this year is to make this into a center console. I have been purchasing what i will need over the past year and a half and will be starting soon (by the end of this month), with plans to be finished by June. [-o<

I want to try to get some floatation pods installed on my rig htis year.

I want to move the center console forward on my Lowe 1652 but i'm supposed to be picking up another tin fun boat shortly so that may push my plans back a bit depending on what does or doesn't need to be done to the fun boat. :D

Since I just bought mine before the end of the season last year, I mainly plan to fish it. Eventually....I'd like to shorten the front deck, build a platform to mount a foot controlled bow trolling motor. I'm also considering building a new trailer for it. Maybe next winter I'll get around to building a floor and storage. I've seen a lot of good ideas on here, hopefully I can get a decent boat out of it.

Mostly I just plan to put my boat in the water more this year which I hope leads to more crappie and bream in the freezer. Not a lot of plans for the boat but I would like to do some things like mounting my anchor winch and installing my bilge pump.

First off I would like to finish mine, or at least get it in the water this Spring like JMichael. Ive been busy with new house, hunting, new puppy and kicking Bass Addicts butt in football.

a little late but this year i raised my deck 3 inches on my weldbilt 1548, i had a large cooler livewell but didnt like the way it looked so i raised deck 3 inches and made me a round livewell completely under deck with water running in through cooler so its chilled a little bit with another pump going out plus air bubbler .. added a rod locker area so everything is clean and put away on my electric only set up. also ran my bigfoot switch. now i just got to get another troller for transom and fishfinder on front. i used a 25 gallon water trough from tractor supply for my livewell. very proud how it turned out..ill get some pics posted soon.

Want to build a bigger garage to leave my boat in.
Taking batteries, trolling motors, fishing gear etc out each trip is the biggest pain in the butt.