What's the value of my motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would be better off checking your local craigslist and the completed auctions on ebay for a value.
Appearance is the biggest factor in price and you didn't include a pic.

Visual condition is surely a big deal when selling as was stated above. Also location and what the market demands where you live also a lot to do with it. That being said....around here a motor like that would be valued at:

Great condition: 700-900
Fair condition: 400-700
Poor condition: 200-400

If it was electric start then it would fetch 100-200 more

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318700#p318700 said:
jasper60103 » Today, 19:18[/url]"]Also, add your location to your profile. That's a factor as well.
This x2. I am from Md near the cheaspeake Bay and around here outboards sell for much more than many other places. Around here if its in good shape and ready for water it would sell for 1000-1200.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318707#p318707 said:
Ernest T. Bass » 10 minutes ago[/url]"]What's a good cleaner to use on the outside of motor? Thanks

Elbow grease :lol:

Remember that searching craigslist or local adds will only show ASKING price and we all know asking price is typically not what it truly sells for.

A good to great running 25hp 2stroke of any brand today is pretty much priceless.If it's mint,as in no corrosion,paint is in mint shape,powerhead is as clean as can be,compression is close to perfect,no water intrusion in the lower unit,you get my drift,etc.... it can get in the range of say $1000 all the way to near $3000,but you will have to be patient and find the right buyer.Iv'e sold quite a few outboards on cl,for instance a 1995 25hp 2stroke merc in mint condition in my area is so in demand as well as a 25hp 2stroke yamaha.The merc i sold for $1600 and it was flawless to.25hp mercs and yamahas are the top sellers for what i see in most areas,they are on fire right now with all the new heavy 25hp 4strokes on the market.I have seen people asking over $3000 for 2007's and 08's yamahas which yes is a ton of money and yes overpriced a bit but look at it this way,the motors i have seen in person are like they came out of the box and if you take care of it the motor will outlast us.So to me spending $1500 to even say $2500ish is not a steep price to pay for a great motor,to me it's an investment.The beauty of it is that you can use it for 5 to 10 yrs and if taken care of it will still fetch probally 3/4 of what you paid for it.Just fig i would add this to the conversation.

Now if the motor is in just awh to ok condition then were talking maybe $1000 to $1200 max.Rem most people go by the way an outboard looks on sight,at least from my experiences when people came to look at mine.They see it looks like it's been used up or beat up in any way they ususally pass it up and look at the next one on my rack.Like i tell them though thats why one is priced at this amount and the other is priced at the flawless price amount.Just because an outboard looks like it's been used a ton doesn't mean it doesn't run excellent thats what most people who are uneducated about outboards don't understand.Looks of an outboard aren't everything,to me it's how it runs and how dependable it is.A motor can be painted up with little effort.Good luck

Latest posts