WTG fishing Lake lanier

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queencitybassman

Reaction score
Hey guys I will be in GA visiting my grandfather in law the weekend after this one (lives right on lanier) and am hoping to latch on with a GA guy and fish a little. I would haul my boat but a 5 hour drive from NC would not be worth it for one adventure of fishing since I will only have time for one fishing outting this trip. I have all my own equipment and can give money for gas or whatever other costs there are. Looking for one day out on lanier for striper or spots im not picky just like to catch bass. Let me know if anyones interested thanks!

Queencitybassman said:
Hey guys I will be in GA visiting my grandfather in law the weekend after this one (lives right on lanier) and am hoping to latch on with a GA guy and fish a little. I would haul my boat but a 5 hour drive from NC would not be worth it for one adventure of fishing since I will only have time for one fishing outting this trip. I have all my own equipment and can give money for gas or whatever other costs there are. Looking for one day out on lanier for striper or spots im not picky just like to catch bass. Let me know if anyones interested thanks!

What part of Lanier? Thats really a bad weekend becasue the FLW Championship will be going on. The lake is gonna be real crowded and not fun to be on. What are the exact dates you will be here?

wish I'd be here, but I'll be in SC doing military... but troutman is right - the FLW is going to dampen the fishing out there that weekend

I have to agree with the others. Bad weekend to be fishing Lanier... however it might be fun to check out the festivities around the Championship.

poolie said:
I have to agree with the others. Bad weekend to be fishing Lanier... however it might be fun to check out the festivities around the Championship.

There is a big expo and the weigh in is at the Gwinnett Civic Center.

Yeah well I was maybe hoping to get to go to those expos and events but after talking it over with the wife it looks like I will be coming down the 19th of august through the 22nd instead so hopefully theres someone out there who will let me jump on with them then.. I will be on the southwestern side right on the lake cumming GA but have no problem meeting someone at any ramp!

Queencitybassman said:
Yeah well I was maybe hoping to get to go to those expos and events but after talking it over with the wife it looks like I will be coming down the 19th of august through the 22nd instead so hopefully theres someone out there who will let me jump on with them then.. I will be on the southwestern side right on the lake cumming GA but have no problem meeting someone at any ramp!

I can probably be available then. Let me check it out. I owe Bassboy a trip first so let me see what I can do.

Hey guys change of plans will be there this weekend tommorow through sunday.. I definitely understand if this is too short notice for anyone but had to work around the grandparents schedule! Hopefully someone can help me out so I dont have to fish from one dock all weekend.. if anyone wants to go out ill pay for your gas and other expenses and maybe a little extra.. Just would rather not pay as much as it cost for a guide. I have my own rods and tackle and will bring my own drinks and food.. thanks guys

Queencitybassman said:
Hey guys change of plans will be there this weekend tommorow through sunday.. I definitely understand if this is too short notice for anyone but had to work around the grandparents schedule! Hopefully someone can help me out so I dont have to fish from one dock all weekend.. if anyone wants to go out ill pay for your gas and other expenses and maybe a little extra.. Just would rather not pay as much as it cost for a guide. I have my own rods and tackle and will bring my own drinks and food.. thanks guys

Well I already have plans this weekend. Sorry Man. :(

Hey thanks anyway man.. I figured such short notice it would be toughto find anyone but thought I'd try.. Gonnabe a great weekend either way but thanks for trying!

Troutman3000 said:
Queencitybassman said:

Well I already have plans this weekend. Sorry Man. :(

Dude go to the GON Forum and join and post this up, there are some guys there that love to take folks fishing, maybe you could get a ride from them. I'll back you once you post it.

YEah thats what I did - you have to wait on activation it looks like.

Queencitybassman said:
Just join and post something under freshwater fishing?

Yeah - may be some guys that take you up on it. Also I would ask about who the best guides/cheapest guides so you dont look like your just looking for a free trip.

as far as guides - act like you've heard of the guys from Hammonds...

but I think Lanier Jim is who you want to go out with... and I'm pretty sure he's not a guide

russ010 said:
Queencitybassman said:
jim who.. and what do you mean act like you know the guys from hammonds

Hammonds is a fishing store in Cumming - and one of the guys there does tons of guided trips..

Lanier Jim (screen name) is one of the most knowledgeable people on the lake - here is one of his posts from GON https://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=556124

This is what I was angling at. Jim is a great guy, he even gave me an eagle 320 just because I had a crrappy finder and he had an extra. YOu could even send him a pm and he loves the company. He'll be out there almost every afternoon and some mornings. I'll even send him a message to soften him up for you. Hes a great guy and you will learn a lot from him.

Latest posts