My 14' Lonestar Aluminum Boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCP

Reaction score
I got extremely lucky and found an estate sale off the side of the Hwy last year. Some guy bought a row of 3 farm houses and was clearing out the barns of all the stuff inside them. He had this 14' Lonestar Semi-V hull on trailer with a motor on the back with a for sale sign on it. I stopped and asked what he wanted for it and he sold it to me for $50!! The trailer was banged up, and the old 50's outboard is seized up but who could pass it up for that much. So I bought it and brought it home where it's sat for the last year. Left him my address and he actually tracked down a title and mailed it to me! I have finally started putting it all together to make it useful again and here is my progress so far.

-Took the old outboard off and put it in the shop. I might work on it later and see if I can make it work. I had a similar vintage Evinrude 15hp that ran ok but I bought a late model 20hp Merc to replace it with.

- Took the trailer out and set the boat on an old Dilly trailer I had laying around from an old tri-hull that I used to have. It fits perfectly!

- Tested the boat for leaks and found only a couple, patched them up good as new!

- Here is where I'm at below. I have started decking and flooring it. I don't have the latest pictures yet but I have now just recently removed the console and controls. The new modern motor couldn't use them anyway and it opened up a ton of floor room. Anyways here are the pictures I will add more as I progress and make this into a fishing machine once again!

oregon051.jpg

oregon052.jpg

oregon053.jpg

oregon059.jpg

oregon058.jpg

oregon055.jpg

oregon056.jpg

Love those pic's (Royal Canadian Police. Please post some more. That boat sure looks longer than 14'. Must be the photography. :mrgreen:

Waterwings said:
That steering console sure is unique. Nice rig! 8)

Yeah I was a bit hesitant to remove it because I have not seen another one like it but I decided to take it out. I took care in removing it though so that I can have the option of putting it back in some day if I choose.

Thanks for the compliments guys, will post more pictures soon.

Love those old Lonestars. That is an awesome deal that you got and your work on it looks very nice. I had a '52 model that looked very similar(except for the console). Do you know what the year model is of yours?
Welcome Aboard!

I like the lines also;the console was cool and the tubing above the seats,was this for cables,wiring?How about the boxes in the seats,did they have floatation or did you put them in?

Seats had no flotation foam in them, they are just hollow boxes. That front one made a perfect fit for my 2 marine batteries. The tubing above the seats had the steering cables and control wires run through them. The boat is a '58 I believe.

Nice :D

Looks like a strong one, man you sure couldn't beat that deal, Ya got a big jump on not losing any money on this one.

Put the console back I liked it, and a chain steering wheel would be SWEET:D :lol:

Heres my latest progress. It's coming along slowly but surely. I installed the seats and also instealled some LED lighting. I put clear whites in for when light is really needed and some amber LED's that can be run at night when only a little light is needed and hopefully they won't attract alot of bugs. I also installed and rewired new navigation lights as well.

oregon060.jpg

oregon066.jpg

oregon065.jpg

oregon064.jpg

oregon067.jpg

oregon069.jpg

oregon070.jpg

Tell you what when you are done i will bring you my boat and you can do what ever you want to it.. There might even be a 12 pack in it for you... I do like the lights..

Yes it's about finished got it all carpeted and even cupholders put in. Haven't been able to put as much time as I was before due to my pregnant wife being put on strict bedrest so I have been having to take care of most the household duties at the moment. Hoping to finish it up soon though.

Lookin' good! Good luck with the Mrs. & the boat.

ST

EDIT- And I think I speak on behalf of the entire forum.....we want some updated pics!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts