1991 Spectrum 1706

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Reaction score
Ok here we go!!! Came up on a 1991 Spectrum 1706 w/ a 75hp Mariner on a killer deal and I can’t wait to get started on it. Matter of fact It was at my house for about 30 minutes before I started ripping away at it. The motor needs some work, all the wood need to be replaced and carpet. The paint job is good for me and the trailer is in outstanding shape, just need to figure out why the lights are not working. Had to get a larger boat for the family and this one will be used for fishing and skiing. I can’t find much info on Spectrum boats but I am impressed with the way this thing is put together. This is my second boat, this one much larger than the last so I am still on rookie status. More pics to come.

Attachments

• spectrum.jpg
    spectrum.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,658
A few pics

Attachments

• IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,520
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,520
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,520
  • IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,520
  • IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,520
Trinity said:
Whats the best way to get the old carpet glue off?

On the decking, it doesn't matter, since your replacing it. On the sides of the hull and other areas, peel off the carpet, and then only work at the areas where things are coming off.

Here is a picture of the inside of my boat. That orange stuff I think might be the carpet glue. Not sure. I'm leaving it,and gluing over it when I install the carpet. Which should be pretty soon.
Picture 087.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 083.jpg
    Picture 083.jpg
    894.7 KB · Views: 3,232
Finally getting something done. What do you guy suggest I use to waterproof the wood with?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 2,942
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 2,942
Outdoor enamel paint, made specifically for protecting wood from the elements.
Check with your local paint/home center for returned paint. You dont care what color it is, your going to be covering it anyways.