58 richline runabout 16'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dually66

Reaction score
ok boat guys...I am buying a supposed 1958 Richline runabout aluminum V bottom. The previous owner had purchased the boat from someone on craigslist, then did some floor and steering location mods. I say it's supposed to be a 58 richline because of strange reasoning the previous owner gave me. There are no markings, lables, tags, indentions..etc..I've spent loads of time researching richline as well as other old boats online trying to locate type that semi matches my boat..no success..I like that it's a fishing boat now, but would like to know if i posted a pic on here, someone might be able to identify it.

the motor is a 71 johnson 60 hp...if possible, i'd like to tear the back section off and add a cubby for fuel/battery storage, and maybe extended flooring, but before i start, i'd like to know what kind of boat it actually is so i know what i'm dealing with. Weight rating would be great to know.

Ok, is a hull a hull when it comes to aluminum boats? The actual boat type was my own curiosity. I just didn't want to negatively affect the integrity of the rear hull strength by removing the back top of the boat. I don't know where else to look to find out. Help please...lol

Go here https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Richline_53/ and join, it's free, lots of photos of brochures. I think you will find you boat. George Schneider

If this is a 16' Rich Line I think you have the Big 16 Day Cruiser or the Big 16 Super Custom. Go to
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Richline_53/ When you get there go to "Photos" click on "Photos" This will the first page, first page, row 1, column 3 brings you to 1958-59 Rich Line Brochure. You will find photos of the above there. Next go to the second page, go to the bottom of the page and click on "next" second page, row 4 column 3 brings you to 1961 Rich Line Brochure. Click on it and you find the two boats above. Click on the individual photos and then look up to your left and see "Large" click on large and you'll get a larger picture. Hope this help. George Schneider

Thank you very much. By what I seen on there, it must be the big 16. The back and top of sides seem to match perfectly what is in the pics. I appreciate it.

Man, that is a neat old vintage boat! I definately WOULD NOT tear off anything on this boat, it is worth MUCH more left original. The older aluminum boats were made of much thinner aluminum than today's boats and removing anything on the hull would affect the integrity of the vessel! I would restore it to original shape if it was mine, just my 2 cents worth..... :)

Well, I am only redoing it as a fishing boat because the last owner converted it from a runabout. Other than the hull and backsplash, the rest has been changed already prior to my ownership.

Latest posts