Weldbilt 1436 rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWD

Reaction score
One of my buddies just bought this 1436 Weldbilt that the previous owners son had cut all the seats out of it...He bought it for $200 with a trailer. I think my buddy got a nice deal. =D>
We will be adding some 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 1/8" tubing for ribs where the seats were and also replacing the front deck that they cut out. Then we will add foam in the bottom and put in an aluminum floor, a trolling motor bracket, and misc. other items.

We got the pieces of the seats that they left on the sides out on Saturday and smoothed the welds down. Then we turned it upside down and welded up some holes in the hull..it looked like the previous owner's son pryed/pulled/snatched on the seats when he was taking them out and busted the hull at the welds in a couple of places. Here's some pics from Saturday.

1MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zpsaa57e77a.jpg

3MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps95d0c78c.jpg

2MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zpse67afd04.jpg

I welded up this area at the bow..looked like they missed the bow roller and made 2 nice holes in the hull with the bow roller bracket.
4MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zpsc653699a.jpg

Here is the way it looks now, waiting on us to go and pick up the tubing for the ribs.
5MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps2a05cf0b.jpg

We got the ribs welded in on Monday. We put in 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 1/8" wall 6063 aluminum tubing. The original ribs are 2 1/2" tall.

7MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps11166423.jpg

6MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps5547e34b.jpg

8MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps4e95cf3a.jpg

Got a little more done to my buddies boat today. We picked up some anodized .080 aluminum sheets to use for the floor at a very good price. Got one of the sheets cut and fitted and the front seat mount frame welded in.

9MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps6c82455f.jpg

10MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zpsedffd0f7.jpg

11MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps2ab8b95c.jpg

12MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps05c2c452.jpg

Didn't get much done to my buddies boat. I have been buick'n :sick: (for those not in the know thats throwin up) and tore up stomach all night and earlier today, so no work today. Here's what we got done yesterday before I got sick.

Got the rear seat frame welded in....
13MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps951ee3d7.jpg

And got the styrofoam put in the floor, the first sheet of flooring down and the back seat pedestal mounted.
We also picked up the front deck that we had broke. We have to trim that piece to fit the contour of the boat.
14MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zpse146c294.jpg

If intereseted in light weight floor boards . I am selling old floor boards out of an airplane. They are for sale in the sell, buy , trade section of this forum. Or pm me for more info.. Nice build so far.

jetmech said:
If intereseted in light weight floor boards . I am selling old floor boards out of an airplane. They are for sale in the sell, buy , trade section of this forum. Or pm me for more info.. Nice build so far.
Thanks. I already have aluminum flooring. If you would have read my post instead of just spamming about what your selling you probably would have known that. [-X

DWD said:
jetmech said:
Thanks. I already have aluminum flooring. If you would have read my post instead of just spamming about what your selling you probably would have known that. [-X
I see you have your floor taken care of. I was thinking more on the lines of deck boards but i see your reusing an old deck. Not trying to spam you
but i see alot of people use heavy plywood that will eventually rot. I had access to these boards and took advantage of getting them so i can give people an option of the type of floor to put in their boat. Sorry if offended.

jetmech said:
I see you have your floor taken care of. I was thinking more on the lines of deck boards but i see your reusing an old deck. Not trying to spam you
but i see alot of people use heavy plywood that will eventually rot. I had access to these boards and took advantage of getting them so i can give people an option of the type of floor to put in their boat. Sorry if offended.

Carry on 8)

I felt a little better on Friday so we got the flooring put in, the new front deck welded in, and the front seat pedestal mounted. We don't have much more fab work to do. This boat will be used for mainly crappie fishing and a little catfishing. :mrgreen:

16MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zpscf371ada.jpg

15MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps6289021f.jpg

Hope to get more updates soon. Have not been able to work on the boat much the past few days.
See y'all soon. :D

We got a little done on my buddies boat yesterday. He wanted a trolling motor bracket that would let him swing the motor inside the boat for loading and travel. So this is what we came up with.
It is a "prototype" right now so we may have to go back and "tweak" it a little over time.
the first 2 pics are during the fit up and the 3rd pic is where it is as of now.

18MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zpsdceb33ea.jpg

17MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zpse682b1fb.jpg

19MWinters1436_Feb_2013_zps9762b71b.jpg

Tough crowd...I thought we were doing a good job on the boat, my friend is very happy so that's all that matters. I guess the standard is different for me...I must have to build a viking ship or sumpin to fit in here....

TimRich said:
Looks great! Wish I had welding skills like that so I could use all aluminum in my boat as well.

Thanks TimRich! You can use aluminum and a rivet gun to do most of the stuff like this.

Update on my buddies boat, he has the boat at his house now working on it. I shot this pic with my phone.

20MWinters1436_Mar_2013_zpsb71da2ee.jpg