my new tin boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobass

Reaction score
Gotta fiberglass "go fast" bassboat, and had another "go slow" one, but decided to sell the "go slow" one for more of an "all purpose" fishing boat.
Found this on craigslist last month.
2001 Smoker Craft 16 ft Big Fish/Johnson 9.9hp

Mods after purchasing:
*Replacing existing front deck area, where the trolling motor goes, with a little bit bigger one, then putting a new 55 lb 52" shaft MK Edge up there, along with an Eagle 320.
*Moving second battery location (tm battery) to bow understorage.
*Installing second location for seat/seat pedestal in center of rear of boat.
*Purchasing 2 complete seat pedestals sets
*Purchasing 2 new seats
*Probably more too come! LOL!

Love the boat, has PLENTY of room for 2+ fisherman, lots of storage, and plenty of move around room!

smokercrafttoponlake.jpg

smokertoppic.jpg

smokercraftsideonlake.jpg

Pumping4Jane said:
Hey, I know this boat. How's the Shenango bite?

Hey Jon!
Bite was good up till about 9:00 am. Got on the lake around 5:30.
Gotta go early, and leave early this time of year, especially if ya want to smack the smallies! 8)
Got into them by the dam, slow hoping a heavier football jig on any type of point. 8)

Jeff

ohiobass said:
Pumping4Jane said:
Hey, I know this boat. How's the Shenango bite?

Hey Jon!
Bite was good up till about 9:00 am. Got on the lake around 5:30.
Gotta go early, and leave early this time of year, especially if ya want to smack the smallies! 8)
Got into them by the dam, slow hoping a heavier football jig on any type of point. 8)

Jeff
Would of never thought to try a heavy jig off the points. Of course, I rarely throw anything but crankbaits anymore. Any size to them smallies? We need to make an Erie trip before this season is out. Are they still keep'in Mahaney's open 24/7?

Jeff[/quote]
Would of never thought to try a heavy jig off the points. Of course, I rarely throw anything but crankbaits anymore. Any size to them smallies? We need to make an Erie trip before this season is out. Are they still keep'in Mahaney's open 24/7?[/quote]

Biggest was around 3 lbs. Caught around 5-6 smallies and a couple largemouth.
DEFINATELY getting up to Erie, at least 1/2 dozen more times before season end (for me, the season ends in December! :wink:) We'll get up there!