Sponsor Sale: Protect your High Dollar Trolling Motor Transd

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a sponsor on TinBoats.net
We are having a sale on the "Wee Vee". The sale is good from now until the end of February. Why take chances, Protect your Trolling Motor Transducer. This sale is good for all TinBoats.net members. On the shopping cart page where it says enter voucher code enter "tinboats". You will automatically get 10% off. If you have any questions at all just let us know we'd be glad to help. You won't find a better built guard that deflects off of rocks, stump and grass. Also we have a five year warranty on our guards.
They will work on all 24 and 36 volt motors with transducer. On 12 volt motor they will work as a guard to protect your trolling motor without a transducer unless modified.

Check out our site @https://www.transducerarmor.com

Interested in the transducer protection, but have a question: I have a 12V tm, which I realize would have to have a modified Wee Vee made for it. I've taken two pics of my tm (Motor Guide 12V) showing measurements from the nose of the transducer to the front of the tm. Any idea what it would cost to have one made if it's possible?

Thanks 8)

normal_MG_12v_measurements.JPG

normal_MG12V_with_measurements.JPG

I tend to get into some really shallow water around here, and it's not the clearest stuff, so most of the time you can't see what is hidden under there. Rocks and logs can sometimes pose a hazard, so I wanted to protect my transducer. As posted above, I had pm'd Jan of Transducer Armor's Wee Vee Guard, inquiring about the possibility of a guard for my MotorGuide 54# thrust trolling motor, which is a 12V motor. The current guards produced by Jan accommodate only 24V & 36V motors, as noted on his website. Jan returned my email volunteering to modify one, send it to me as a test prototype, and see how it would work on a 12V tm. The first thing I noticed after removing the guard from the box was the quality of the welds, and if you're worried about adding weight to your tm, there's no noticeable weight to the guard, even though it's made of steel. Today it was finally tolerable (warm enough) in my garage to do some fitting.

The first thing I had to do was change the transducer mount, as the one I had caused the transducer to hang too low below the tm, which in turn would not be protected by the guard. Got the transducer mount changed, then easily added the guard to my tm. At first, I had all of the tightening screws for the stainless hose clamps on top of the tm, but looked at it and decided they could possibly catch weeds, plus it didn't look "sleek" enough with all 3 of them in-line on top. So, I loosened all 3 of the clamps and turned them so that the screw heads were hidden behind the Wee Vee Guard. Now they're behind the guard, less likely to catch weeds, and it looks stealthy. Below are some pics of the completed project. A big thank you to Jan for allowing me to test the Wee Vee prototype for 12V MotorGuide trolling motors. Now all I need is some decent weather so I can get my boat on the water! :)

Thanks, Jan! 8)

wee_vee1.JPG

Transducer behind guard
wee_vee2.JPG

View showing hoes clamp screws behind the guard:
normal_wee_vee3.JPG

View of tm with Wee Vee box:
wee_vee4.JPG

Waterwings said:
Go ahead and get a guard and be ready for the transducer when you get it. :wink:

Great idea then you can tell the wife you need a new Lowrance HD depth finder so you didn't waste the money on the

WEE VEE

Wayne

Latest posts