• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold! Teleflex steering cable

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
I have a 13 foot Teleflex steering cable $40. The cable works well, I had to upgrade to longer cables when I moved my console forward. I also have a set of Mercury battery cables a little over 7 feet long, and it looks like 6 gauge wire with the ring ends $25.

The steering cable has been sold locally.

Attachments

• teleflex1.jpg
    teleflex1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 7,188
Updated the ad, the Mercury 8 pin cables are sold but I still have the Teleflex steering cable and the battery cables.

I may be interested. I moved my console back so we could have traded! Can you provide a part number so I can see if it's compatible with my helm?

Thanks for checking. I think it'll work. I need to take some measurements first, but my boat is at the fabricator this week, so I'll get back to you ASAP.

I actually have a spare helm sitting around, I replaced mine when I moved the console thinking it had a little slop in it. But the new helm seemed to be the same so it might be fine.

Hey Jeff, I just measured my old cable...It's 13 ft so it looks like I'm going to need about a 10'. Sorry man. I guess I'll put mine up for sale on here too.

Is this still available? What type/size motor did it come off of. I have Johnson 110 and my cable sheath is disingrateing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I still have it, it was on my 1994 Mercury 60/45 jet but it should fit any make motor with the correct steering tube.

JL8Jeff said:
I actually have a spare helm sitting around, I replaced mine when I moved the console thinking it had a little slop in it. But the new helm seemed to be the same so it might be fine.
To remove slop you back the cable nut off on the tilt tube. That's the adjustment. It's easy to think that you want that nut tight but no. On the newer stuff like on my no-feedback they say to tighten the nut all the way. https://www.seastarsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/NFB-Helm-SH4910-4920-Rev.2-IS-4910-4920.pdf

Here's a couple more pictures.

-

Attachments

• 100_1616.jpg
    100_1616.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 6,274
  • 100_1617.jpg
    100_1617.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 6,274
  • 100_1618.jpg
    100_1618.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 6,274