16' Lone Star Ski-about

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pruitt1222

Reaction score
So long story short, BobberBoy got me wanting a boat like his. So here it is, In all its ugly glory. On another note my wife really loves you Bobberboy. Any how. Not sure on year yet, Waiting for title and regisration to come in. I believe its a mid 50's model from looking at old ads, might be newer though. I can't wait to get started on it I tell ya. I think I am gonna start out hunting parts first so It might be a while for some decent progress.

Attachments

• Picture 487 (Large).jpg
    Picture 487 (Large).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 486 (Large).jpg
    Picture 486 (Large).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 485 (Large).jpg
    Picture 485 (Large).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 484 (Large).jpg
    Picture 484 (Large).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 483 (Large).jpg
    Picture 483 (Large).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 482 (Large).jpg
    Picture 482 (Large).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 481 (Large).jpg
    Picture 481 (Large).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 480 (Large).jpg
    Picture 480 (Large).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 479 (Large).jpg
    Picture 479 (Large).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 478 (Large).jpg
    Picture 478 (Large).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 923
  • Picture 477 (Large).jpg
    Picture 477 (Large).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 923
Sweet boat Man! Lots of style.

For a party boat/ cruzer I would do an L shape couch all around the back end or a horseshoe if Its wide enough then put storage underneath. I think you can get the sections premade in sizes to fit like for pontoon boats then you just bolt them in like a sectional sofa.

Can't wait to see it!

Another option to consider is back to back seats. Two facing forward and two facing backwards, with one being the driver seat. This is a pretty common setup in older boats an has storage space underneath with room to walk around the boat.

Dave

So this evening I pulled the PT decks out and gave the boat a little bath. Filled it with a bit of water to check for leaks and pleased with the results, Only two leaks and thats due to the drain plug and a missing transducer screw. Found some pennys from the 60's and a big ants nest, but other wise uneventfull. I like the ideal for placing the rear seats in a L shape but think the boat is to small. As for back to back thats what my father said too but I think I might lay it out like a new bow rider. Two singles up front and a sun deck and bench in the back, That would help with storage a lot. Maybe a ski locker on one side and a rod box on the other. Think I am gonna keep the raised area for the front seats, Save a little money and get a little extra storage. As for the front seats I am thinking of placing them on flush mounts and seat pins like you would for a bass boat, and making the sun deck pad removable that way on vacations I can take the pad out and put the front seats up there for fishing. Just carry two seat pin post in the boat some where and mount two flush mount plates under the sun deck pad. Any one think the boat would be to unstable for a sundeck that high?

Attachments

• Picture 490 (Large).jpg
    Picture 490 (Large).jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 832
  • Picture 491 (Large).jpg
    Picture 491 (Large).jpg
    131 KB · Views: 832