16ft starcraft project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 16ft starcraft I will be turning into a catfish boat. Looking for any tips on doing so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,583
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,583
For me? Open floor so there's nothing to trip on at night. 6+ sturdy rod holders, a bait tank for live bait, and storage for snacks and other random stuff needed for late night trips lol. Just call it a catfish boat because that's basically all it will be used for.

Thats what I love about doing your own modifications, you can make it just how you like it. I don't fish for catfish so I was just curious how you were going to set it up.

Yea I have four seats to install. I will paint it this week and hopefully start the floor. Any ideas on a console?

Some more pics. Will probably just end up building a console. May start it tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 1,536
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,536
Looking through one of the other projects I seen a homemade bait cutting board that fit into a ore lock made out of a cutting board that swing out over the water so the blood and whatnot didnt stink up the boat, not a cat man myself but thought it was a good idea

Was planning to mount cutting boards as well. I will definitely use the oar lock idea now, I like that. I got the floor started, used a 1x4" down the center and the rest is 1x3s and 15/32" plywood. I have treated all of the wood as to keep it from rotting too quickly. I think I will go with rubber mats instead of carpet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 1,484
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=346102#p346102 said:
Flatheadhunter94 » 24 Mar 2014, 17:34[/url]"]yes I have seen those too but I use fish bite rod holders which are just metal.
Forgot that idea.

No work done today. Cold and rainy here in nc today. But here are pics from yesterday. I will have two seats side by side at the back and one on the live well and one on the front deck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,375
I thought I posted the pic of my trailer after I worked on it. Anyways, here it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 1,374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    960.7 KB · Views: 1,374
What did you use to seal the wood? Are going to put foam under the floor?

I believe it was thomsons wood sealer. Can't remember and don't have it by me. I haven't decided if I'm gonna use foam or not. I have thought about using pool noodles under the floor as I have seen that done.

Latest posts