'17 Tracker Grizzly 1448 MVX Cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackblotto

Reaction score
Decided to move my jon boat out the garage, but I want to put a quality cover on it to protect from rain and snow here in Virginia. Went to iBoat and a couple of other sites and don't see one that is specific to my boat. Concerns me to buy a "generic fit" cover. Mine has folding pedestal seat front and back, Merc 9.9 OB, trolling motor sidemount on the front and fold-down fishfinder up front too, no side console. Seems like I found one online that might work but now can't find it and again, prefer something known to work with this boat.

Anybody here buy one that they really like and could provide some specifics on what they ordered?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, David

Well, I went back on iBoats and found one for the 2015 Grizzly 1448 which may be the right one. Suspect the 1448 MVX didn't change in 2 years, at least enough to affect fit of a boat cover. I may get the single vented support pole and use that instead of my pedestal seats to hold it up in the weather. Not sure it I need the extra straps or not, does get windy sometimes beside my house where the boat will sit.

Any advice on buying one of these is still appreciated since I've never gotten one before.

Thanks, D

Guess I could shrink wrap it for now. Will keep that in mind if I order a cover and it looks like it'll take a while to get it.

Thanks for the idea.

I also need a new cover ASAP and have been looking.
Tomorrow I am going to give "cover anything" a call and see what they can come up with for a 1648 Tracker GRIZZLY blind duck, they don't have that specific cover listed, but do list one for a 16' Tracker panfish which should work.
I never bought from them before so I have no knowledge of their product, the one I'm looking at has a 10yr warranty, since it's outside ,if it lasts 7-8 yrs I'll be happy.

I went ahead and ordered a cover from National Covers. It says it'll ship in 5-7 business days which is so much faster than other I looked at. Of course they then note in the confirmation of the order that it could take longer because of COVID and Holiday Sales surge. We will see .....

Why don't you just get one of those garage in a bag things?

Not enough space for that and my neighborhood likely wouldn't allow it anyway.

Thanks