1968 Chrysler 25HP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicktheww2fanatic

Reaction score
Well, today was a bit frustrating. I tested my motor quick before I left the house, as I have been having some minor issues, and she started right up, barely had to turn the key. Got to the boat launch, got the boat in the water, and noticed the plug was out. Pulled the boat back out, emptied it of water, put the plug in, and got it back in the water.

Used the trolling motor to get out of the way of anyone else who wants to use the launch, and tried to start my motor. No go. The starter motor tries to get it going, but it doesn't seem that anything is catching.

When I got home, I checked to see if I was getting spark (yes), and the plugs seemed a bit damp, which is good? Previously, the first time I started each day it would start very quickly, but the consecutive starts I had to hit the throttle immediately and give it some gas for it to stay started. Now, it won't even start... any suggestions?